About the job:
With a legacy as a pioneer in the ALSP market, Factor has identified the need for another innovation in the legal services market: Integrated LawTM.
Factor is the market leader in Integrated LawTM, combining the expertise of Traditional Law, the efficiency of New Law, and the close business integration of In-house legal to deliver complex legal work at scale.
Factor works alongside corporate legal departments to solve for the ever-increasing demands and complexity of transactional legal work like contracting. We deliver better performance, better business and legal outcomes, and a better contracting experience.
Our clients span Fortune 500 companies including global banks, major pharmaceutical companies and large technology firms.
Factor is committed to building the best culture in legal. We believe that the more diverse our team becomes — in backgrounds, skills, experiences, and perspectives — the higher our creative potential as a company. We are dedicated to growing a diverse, inclusive company where individuals of all backgrounds thrive.
We are comprised of more than 600 lawyers, legal specialists, technologists, and process consultants across Europe and North America – Join us!
We’re looking for a Senior Contract Associate with procurement contract experience to join our team. As a member of our team, you’ll be responsible for supporting our clients business by drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts as part of a wider general support service to the client’s contracts management and in-house legal teams.
If you believe in being a team player, can collaborate and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences while bringing a result-driven, focused, high energy, confident, curious, quirky, and most of all fun sense of self, then this is the place for you.
- Be part of a team committed to overall delivery of services and compliance with all delivery commitments to the client
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts including content and development contracts, software development contracts, professional and consulting services contracts, staffing contracts, licensing contracts, other IP/IT contracts and general commercial contracts;
- Working with junior team members and training and developing them to become skilled negotiators
- Assisting the Delivery lead by owning the more complex negotiations and providing oversight and QC of more Junior members of the team, some of who may not have negotiated before.
- Adhere to delivery processes and commitments;
- Identifying new opportunities to improve the client negotiation processes & procedures and to further develop our long-term relationships.
- Input and manage data on Factor and client systems and keep them up to date;
- Help develop contract templates, playbooks and other tools for use by the team;
- Remain up to date on legal and other relevant developments;
- Be part of a team committed to continually improving our service to the client and adding value.
- You are adaptable, authentic, accountable, and values-driven. You’re a team player who exhibits personal leadership and leaves things better than you found them. We’re looking for someone who always gives their best and inspires others to do the same. This role requires excellent attention to detail and strong commercial awareness. It’s no small task!
- Law Degree and/or Legally Qualified
- Legally eligible to work in the country this role is based
- 4+ years’ demonstrable experience of independently drafting and negotiating commercial contracts within a law firm, as part of an in-house legal team or within Factor
- Procurement contracting experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Operates with substantial latitude, with minimal or no supervision
- Strong commercial awareness, working directly with business managers
- The legal knowledge to act as a senior advisor to the client and serve as an escalation point on issues for more junior team members
- Very strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite - especially Microsoft Word
- Coaching and mentoring more junior team members
- Experience of client relationship management
- Working with a recognized matter management system as part of daily routine
In addition to the above, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this role:
What We Offer
- Chance to develop your career in an international, innovative company providing legal services to top brands worldwide;
- Opportunity to join an industry-leading executive team and over 400 lawyers, contract experts, technologists, and process consultants;
- Inclusive and nurturing work environment, where everyone's contributions are valued;
- Comfortable working hours with respect for work-life balance;
- Flexible working model
- Anniversary gift
As a member of an ISO Compliant center, the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management System in place at the Center of Excellence and globally at Factor. As a member of the Factor team, the applicant will have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
Factor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more, visit: factor.law
$90K - $150K USD/Year *$90000 — $150000/Year
Management and Business