About the job:
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom develops cutting-edge technology that empowers entrepreneurs, small businesses, and merchants to easily create images that sell - leveraging deep learning. Our ambition: power the internet’s commerce images.
Our first consumer product, the PhotoRoom app, is already a leader in mobile photo editing: we serve 100M+ users across more than 180 countries monthly, and our app was named Editor’s Choice by Apple and Google. We launched our API in 2023 as well, allowing us to deploy our tech at scale through a B2B motion.
We are at an exciting stage of our journey, having successfully raised our Series A and looking to scale to $100M ARR in 2024.
Our company is profitable, and our lean team is made of world-class experts in deep learning, product, and marketing with backgrounds at Apple, Algolia, or Google. We are a diverse team of entrepreneurs building for entrepreneurs.
🤓 We are looking for a Senior Web Engineer specialized in Design System implementation! As our new Design System Engineer, you will take the lead in the Photoroom web Design System. You will work with our Senior Frontend Engineers, and your impact will be huge. It is the opportunity to work on a product used by millions of people, solve complex frontend challenges, and make a decisive difference to our users and Photoroom.
💰 70k€-100k€* depending on experience + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe, come once a month to Paris (fully reimbursed), or visit the office more often.
✈️ We offer substantial support for relocation (10k€ relocation bonus), including finding an apartment in Paris and supporting you with the visa procedure.
💻 Technology - new MacBook Pro, monitor, keyboard, etc.
🏖️ Socials - Biannual company retreats, weekly Happy Hour & Game Time
🇬🇧 Photoroom is an international team, and we work in English. We offer language lessons for those who need them (English & French).
*We can go higher for outstanding profiles and adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than in Paris.
✨ About the role ✨
- You will work closely with the Design team and to build a fine-tuned experience on both the Website and the Web App. Our goal is to create a consistent experience across the mobile apps and the Web.
- You will own your work from A to Z: it goes from participating in design and code reviews to training and supporting other team members using the Design System.
- You will develop responsive, accessible, and cross-browser-compatible UI components.
- You will provide documentation and guidelines for using the design system. You will make sure that the design specs are well-defined and well-implemented.
- You will continuously update and improve the design system based on user feedback and technological advancements.
- You will work within a small multicultural team of ~50 passionate, friendly & committed folks.
✨ About you ✨
- You have 3+ years of experience in web development with React, Next.JS, and TypeScript. Bonus points if you have experience with one or more of the following: Radix UI, visual testing tools (Applitools, Chromatic, etc.), Storyblok (not required, but nice to have!)
- You are used to Tailwind, Storybook, and components testing
- You care a lot about user experience and accessibility and have worked on user interfaces you are proud of.
- You have good communication skills: you don’t hesitate to reach out to the relevant stakeholders to gather the right information, and you know how to showcase your work.
- You are pragmatic & favor speed of iteration over perfect. You believe that fast iteration is the best way to learn.
- You are curious and explore the latest trends in the web ecosystem.
- You have worked as part of a talented team and have experience in a fast-growing startup.
- You are fluent in English (French is not required!)
✨ Hiring Process ✨
- Screening call with the Talent Manager
- Technical interview with the Hiring Manager
- Home technical assignment, followed by a review with the team (can be compensated and under 3 hours)
- Culture fit interview and meet the team!
- Reference check & Offer
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have flexible working hours
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of the parental leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
$80K - $130K USD/Year *$80000 — $130000/Year