About the job:
Lendbuzz is a fintech venture based in downtown Boston. We are a diverse team in gender, nationalities, and cultures, speaking eight languages and representing six countries. We are incredibly passionate about the problem we're solving, the clients we're helping, and the exciting future of our company.
Help make this rocket ship go further and faster!
Did you know that around 45 million U.S. consumers lack credit scores, leaving them facing higher borrowing costs or no access to credit?
Lendbuzz is a Boston-based startup that offers auto loans to people who lack credit history. Lendbuzz uses artificial intelligence to offer fair rates that looks at a borrower’s full financial picture, not just their credit score. We are expanding access to fair credit – come join us!
Lendbuzz raised $360 million of debt and equity in the first half of 2021. The funding injection will help us expand from the around 500 U.S. car dealerships we currently work with…we want to lift that number to thousands! The equity funding round was led by Wellington Management and Goldman Sachs and MUFG Innovation Partners, the venture capital arm of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, joined the round.
We’re on the lookout for someone that is ready to work with senior leadership to expand credit operations at Lendbuzz. The Credit Operations Underwriting Manager will directly impact the company’s bottom line and growth capabilities.
What Lendbuzz can do for you
· Terrific opportunity to “get in early” and grow with us!
· Provide an environment to expand your knowledge base on operations and risk as we continue to build and scale our business
· Ensure you get the support, mentoring, and feedback you need to be successful
· Provide the autonomy to define and prioritize problems and also propose and implement their solutions
· Develop your understanding of consumer lending and its macro environment
· Exposure to senior management on a variety of projects
What you can do for Lendbuzz
· Construct and maintain underwriting & credit policies in support of business strategy and operational risk
· Continuously assesses strategies, structure, processes, and procedures to ensure our business model is scalable
· Identify risk factors and trends and further report these identifiers
· Partner with the business intelligence team to define and manage core metrics, as well as optimize existing strategies
· Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommend enhancements and process improvements to mitigate risks
Skills & Experience:
· 10+ years in auto lending including 5 years minimum experience directly managing credit policy (required)
· Experience in credit underwriting and/or operational risk within auto lending
· The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and take on new responsibilities quickly
· Proven experience in risk management, identification, governance, communication, mitigation etc.
· Self-motivated, detail oriented and analytical with strong communication skills
· Experience using quantitative and analytic methods to improve operational performance
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions and processes in business terms
We will consider remote work for this position. Must be east coast time zone. Light travel required.
At Lendbuzz, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our team. Unlimited PTO, work location flexibility, 401k, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our team.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity is a competitive advantage. We celebrate our differences, and are better when we have a variety of experiences, viewpoints, and backgrounds.
Compassion is a strength. We care about our customers and look to build long-term relationships with them.
Simplicity is a key feature. We work hard to make our forms and processes as painless and intuitive as possible.
Honesty and transparency are non negotiable. We incorporate these traits in all of our interactions.
Financial opportunity belongs to everyone. We work every day to improve lives by extending this opportunity.
If you believe these things too then we would love to hear from you!
$90K - $150K USD/Year *$90000 — $150000/Year
Management and Business