About the job:
Speak our language!
We are Lingoda. Our mission is to build bridges around the world through language learning.
Lingoda is a fast-growing online language school enabling even the busiest people worldwide to learn a language. We offer flexible, high-quality live classes, available online 24/7.
In December 2022, we won “Best Digital Learning Product of the Year” at the Digital Education Awards 2022.
We challenge ourselves for a better society, working smart to make it happen. How? Here are 2 examples:
Our brand MATCH Talent is the Global Career Centre for international talent in Germany, supporting migrants through government-funded education programs.
In the German health sector, we support international nurses, doctors and midwives in obtaining their language and professional recognition through state-sponsored education programmes. As a result we have become one of the largest recognised educational providers in this field in Germany.
We bring together the best of people in a positive company culture, enabling personal growth and inclusion. Our employees have unlimited access to our private and group language classes!
We are currently looking for a Lead Learning Experience Designer in Language Education (all genders) based in Berlin or working remotely
Your mission with us:
As the Lead Learning Experience Designer at Lingoda, you will own the vision of learning experience design across our platform from a pedagogical perspective. Your role will focus on applying your expert knowledge of learning experience design and learning science to Lingoda’s language learning context to ensure successful learning outcomes for our students. You will build on and expand our company’s learning principles to ensure consistency across our learning design, and lead a small team, while also collaborating intensively with cross-functional partners.
- Learning Experience Design: Apply expert knowledge of learning experience design to create effective and engaging new course formats and learning experiences
- Learning Format Design: Innovate and design various learning formats that align with Lingoda's educational goals, in particular around the in-class experience
- Learning Science Expertise: Bringing learning science expertise into our learning design and experience throughout the Product, to ensure our learners are set up to succeed
- Team Leadership: Lead a small team of Learning / LX Designers, setting the direction and ensuring quality
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with Product Designers, UX designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to deliver cohesive learning experiences
- Vision Ownership: Own and articulate the vision of learning experience design at Lingoda, ensuring alignment with general and Lingoda-specific learning principles
You bring to Lingoda:
- A degree or qualification in education technology, instructional design, or a related subject is required, along with a background in education, language, philology, linguistics, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years in a fast-growing EdTech environment, preferably in language education, with a proven ability to design and deliver impactful learning experiences in that context
- Practical experience as a language teacher and learner
- Experience crafting engaging and effective learning experiences in various formats, including both live (virtual classroom) and self-paced study
- Management and team leadership experience
- Stakeholder management and a data-driven mindset
- C1+ level in English, and B2+ knowledge of at least one other Lingoda language (German, French, Spanish, Italian); further languages an advantage
- Data-driven mindset and ease in working with data, quantitative and qualitative research skills
- In-depth knowledge of learning science, adult pedagogy and ideally adult language acquisition and teaching methodology
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with UX researchers, designers, Product Managers and technical fields
- Agile mindset and experience
What you can expect from Lingoda:
- Approachable leaders and transparent communication - every voice counts at Lingoda!
- Company events and colleagues who are always happy to socialise
- A great team spirit and passion for languages
- A well-structured and exciting onboarding process
- The possibility to work remotely from your home or...
- … in the office located in the heart of Berlin
- Free access to our language classes
- The modern hardware necessary for your work
- Flexible working hours
Does that sound exciting? Then, send us your CV right away!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Your contact person for the position is Nota
We ask that you please apply directly via the link provided in the job description or directly on our website. Due to GDPR regulations, applications sent otherwise will not be considered.
Please note that if you are based outside of Germany that only a freelance contract can be offered. All our contracts whether freelance or regular German employment contract start on a 2 year time period.
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
$80K - $130K USD/Year *$80000 — $130000/Year