About the job:
Live experiences help make us human, bringing us across today’s social and digital divides to focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that we share - together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for enjoying, discovering, and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web, and desktop supporting events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
We are looking for a highly motivated Staff Accountant who is detail oriented and excited to join a fun, fast paced team. Reporting to the Associate Controller, you play a key role in helping the team establish strong controls around day-to-day accounting operations and month end close process; including assistance with the accounts payable and payroll process, performing account reconciliations, and giving the team the ability to scale with our growing businesses. You will be working directly with the Accounting/Finance team and will regularly engage with teams around the company. This is a great opportunity for someone is self-motivated and values autonomy.
What you'll do / own:
- Responsible for month-end close procedures including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for vendor onboarding, handling incoming invoices, obtaining necessary approvals, facilitating payments to vendors and maintain a comprehensive vendor database
- Reconcile and review monthly corporate cards and employee reimbursable expenses
- Maintain, reconcile and process payroll including new hires, terminations, rate changes, etc.
- Monthly capitalization of fixed assets and calculate depreciation
- Maintain accruals and prepaids amortization schedules
- Review all GL entries for accuracy and ensure proper accounting
- Assist in preparation of schedules for external auditors for financial statement audit as well as other various audits
- Assist with actual vs budget reporting and monthly flux analysis
- Provide support for various ad hoc projects as needed
A bit more about you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience, public accounting experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of and experience with US GAAP and accounting operations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel skills, and/or Google Workspace
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Experience in a fast-growing start-up environment a plus
- Experience with NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify & ADP Workforce Now a plus
- Must show accountability, be a team player and able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Demonstrate the highest level of personal ethics and professional integrity
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Diverse Family-forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
At Gametime pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
$87K - $98K USD/Year$87430 — $98742/Year
Accounting and Finance