About the job:
With a legacy as a pioneer in the ALSP market, Factor has identified the need for another innovation in the legal services market: Integrated LawTM.
Factor is the market leader in Integrated LawTM, combining the expertise of Traditional Law, the efficiency of New Law, and the close business integration of In-house legal to deliver complex legal work at scale.
Factor works alongside corporate legal departments to solve for the ever-increasing demands and complexity of transactional legal work like contracting. We deliver better performance, better business and legal outcomes, and a better contracting experience.
Our clients span Fortune 500 companies including global banks, major pharmaceutical companies and large technology firms.
Factor is committed to building the best culture in legal. We believe that the more diverse our team becomes — in backgrounds, skills, experiences, and perspectives — the higher our creative potential as a company. We are dedicated to growing a diverse, inclusive company where individuals of all backgrounds thrive.
We are comprised of more than 600 lawyers, legal specialists, technologists, and process consultants across Europe and North America – Join us!
We’re looking for an Associate, Contract Management II with procurement contracting experience to join us in our Chicago office. As a member of our team, you’ll be responsible for working on engagements for large Global clients, within Financial Regulations, Corporate Restructuring, Commercial or Financial Services Contract Negotiation and other contract related work.
If you believe in being a team player, can collaborate and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences while bringing a result-driven, focused, high energy, confident, curious, quirky, and most of all fun sense of self, then this is the place for you.
- Be part of a team committed to the overall delivery of services and compliance with all delivery commitments to the client
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts including procurement contracts, content and development contracts, software development contracts, professional and consulting services contracts, staffing contracts, licensing contracts, other IP/IT contracts and general commercial contracts
- Adhere to delivery processes and commitments
- Input and manage data on Factor and client systems and keep them up to date
- Help develop contract templates, playbooks and other tools for use by the team
- Be part of a team committed to continually improving our service to the client and adding value
- You are adaptable, authentic, accountable, and values-driven. You’re a team player who exhibits personal leadership and leaves things better than you found them. We’re looking for someone who always gives their best and inspires others to do the same. This role requires the legal knowledge and ability to take instruction from our client and serve as an escalation point on issues for more junior team members. It’s no small task!
- Law Degree and/or Legally Qualified
- Legally eligible to work in the country this role is based
- Minimum 2 years drafting and negotiating commercial contract within a law firm, legal services or as part of an in-house legal team
- Procurement contracting experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite - especially Microsoft Word
- Organizational fit for the Factor culture - exhibiting the core values of Authenticity, Accountability, Adaptability and Stewardship
- Operates with minimal supervision
- Working with a recognised matter management system as part of daily routine
In addition to the above, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this role:
What We Offer
- Chance to develop your career in an international, innovative company providing legal services to top brands worldwide;
- Opportunity to join an industry-leading executive team and over 400 lawyers, contract experts, technologists, and process consultants;
- Inclusive and nurturing work environment, where everyone's contributions are valued;
- Comfortable working hours with respect for work-life balance;
- Flexible working model
- Anniversary gift
As a member of an ISO Compliant center, the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management System in place at the Center of Excellence and globally at Factor. As a member of the Factor team, the applicant will have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
Factor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more, visit: factor.law
$90K - $150K USD/Year *$90000 — $150000/Year
Management and Business