About the job:
Superside is looking for its Senior Manager Data Analytics (D&A) to lead the team in establishing and enforcing data governance, maintaining our data infrastructure, and enabling us to make data-informed business decisions.
Reporting to the Director of Data & AI, you’ll drive the implementation and optimization of a resilient and performant data platform infrastructures.
What You'll Be Doing
- Set the vision, strategy, and roadmapping for the D&A team
- Managing a team of data analysts, analytics engineers, and data scientists
- Connect with them on a human level while supporting and architecting their individual growth
- Oversee the digital transformation of our analytics infrastructure, moving away from spreadsheets to platform integrations
- Introduce data contracts to prevent and minimise downstream data quality issues
- Establish data governance, addressing issues around lineage, provenance, security, observability, and monitoring
- Champion developing data products over delivering one-off projects
- Collaborate with your stakeholders to prioritise projects with business impact in mind
- Develop a culture of equal partnership between the D&A team and other business functions, minimising ad hoc requests in favour of building long-lasting strategic collaborations
What you’ll need to succeed
- Technical background with proven experience in developing data infrastructure as a senior/lead engineer, preferably in hyper-growth startup/scaleup settings
- Previous experience with line managing medium sized teams (5-7 reports) and enjoying growing people to reach their potential
- Keen eye for identifying stakeholder pain points and business opportunities, comfortable with saying no to executive pet projects
- Ability to prioritise tasks based on business impact and manage multiple stakeholders with potentially conflicting priorities
- Efficient in delegating technical tasks while still achieving objectives as a team
- A passion for people growth, giving timely and constructive feedback to their team focussed on motivating and challenging them directly
- Ability to articulate ROI of D&A initiatives and skilled in coalition-building/securing executive sponsorship
- Preferably experience in developing data products
- Preferably computer Science or related quantitative background
Our biggest challenge right now
- We are a small team dealing with a large amount of data. We need someone to take strategic ownership of the Data Analytics function and create clear long-term plans for how Data Analytics provides value to Superside. On top of this, we still need to foster and champion a broad data-driven culture at Superside where data acts as a core part of the decision-making process across the organization.
- This requires someone able to deliver consistent value to a large organization from a relatively small team with reliability and scalability in mind.
Superside is the leading Creative-as-a-Service (CaaS) company that helps over 450 ambitious brands get great design and creative done at scale.
With our design subscription service, marketing and creative teams can unbottleneck design, move faster and drive more reliable creative performance. We help the world's leading companies like Google, Meta, Amazon, Salesforce, Red Bull and Boston Consulting Group with advertising creative, brand design, video production and more. No longer chained to over-taxed in-house creative teams, our customers reduce costs and move quickly with infinite scale.
Learn more at superside.com
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunity company. All applicants will be considered without attention to ethnicity, appearance, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
$90K - $170K USD/Year *$90000 — $170000/Year
Data & AI