About the job:
Based in Washington, D.C., Quorum is a fast-growing software company and the leading provider of workflow tools and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporate, non-profit, association, and government markets. Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including international, federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions for public affairs professionals working with Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for finding potential new customers and reaching out by phone, email, and social media to set introductory meetings with Quorum Account Executives.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn the ins and outs of Quorum products and begin to familiarize yourself with common use cases. You’ll receive training on sales skills that will set you up for success.
- First Month: You’ll learn how to research, identify, and contact prospects. You will learn how to leverage communication and research tools such as SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, Linkedin Sales Navigator, and Salesforce to design and execute lead generation campaigns via cold calling, email, and social media. You will schedule sales meetings with high-level decision makers in the public affairs industry.
- First Six Months: You will think creatively to develop strategies around outreach and generating interest from prospects who need Quorum. You’ll receive training and professional development to help you build the foundation for your career in business-to-business software sales.
- First Year: You will own execution for company-wide objectives to advance Quorum as an industry leader. You will become an expert on Quorum’s products, the public affairs and government relations industry, and the competitive landscape.
- You have a keen ability to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with prospects and your Quorum teammates.
- You are enthusiastic about contacting a high volume of prospects by phone and email every day to initiate and schedule conversations for Quorum Account Executives.
- You're a highly-motivated self-starter who is results-driven and wants to make valuable contributions to a growing team by hitting your monthly targets.
- You are interested in and excited by the prospect of learning about B2B sales.
- You want to make a big impact on the growth of the company.
- You are an active listener with boundless curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a problem solver, have a keen ability to prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively.
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can form real friendships with other professionals and where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup.
- You are located in the United States.
About the Business Development Team
- We’re a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value responsibility, productive discourse, and personal growth
- We work hard to deliberately develop our team members’ careers. We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success.
Our Work Environment
- We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings (OTE): $52,500 per year (OTE is calculated based upon meetings completed and opportunities scheduled. The OTE increases as you complete the Business Development Career Pathway)
- Base Salary: $46,000.00 per year
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
For any questions regarding any open roles on our team, please reach out to email@example.com.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Business Development Representative role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
We comply with all requirements for US government federal contractors issued by the OFCCP, IFR, and the terms of our government contracts.
From $46K USD/Year$46000 — $/Year
Management and Business