About the job:
At Bluesight, our mission is to create groundbreaking medication intelligence solutions that increase efficiency, safety and visibility for health systems and pharmaceutical manufacturers. We empower our customers to deliver the right medicine to the right patient at the right time, every time. We are a high growth healthcare information technology company with a start-up 'vibe' but over 2,000 customers tracking medications using our proven solutions.
Bluesight is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our central data team and help us drive the success of data science and analytics efforts across the organization. This role will work closely with external and internal stakeholders to deliver value through all stages of the RnD life cycle: identifying opportunities, building core infrastructure, running predictive models, analyzing impact, and highlighting improvement areas. This person will partner with cross-functional peers to strengthen Bluesight’s data culture and help us innovate within our suite of Medication Intelligence products.
What You'll Bring:
- Formulate novel data-driven solutions and monitor key performance indicators toward furthering our company strategies
- Develop and productionize machine learning models for our controlled substance compliance product to solve meaningful challenges in preventing drug diversion
- Partner with our product teams and key customers to identify and tackle high-impact opportunities in the pharmaceutical supply chain
- Serve as a liaison between engineering, data, and non-technical audiences, including critiquing requirements, informing roadmaps, assessing risk, and presenting during customer-facing meetings
- Build data team culture and improve data literacy within the organization
- Stay informed about developments in Data Science and adjacent fields to ensure that outputs are always relevant
- Raise the skill level of the entire analytics team through the creation of outstanding work, introduction of better processes, and mentoring of newer data scientists
What We're Looking For:
- Degree or equivalent years of experience in data science, statistics, computer science, or similar quantitative field
- Ability to develop and productionize code in Python to serve API endpoints (e.g. Flask, FastAPI)
- Deep understanding of statistical models as well as both supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods (e.g. regression, time-series analysis, XGBoost, K-Means, Clustering)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services tools (e.g. Sagemaker, Glue, DMS, Lambdas)
- Master-level understanding of SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostGres, Presto)
- Prior track record of a customer-friendly approach in presenting information and analysis for non-technical audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to advocate technical solutions to engineering teams as well as business stakeholders
Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree or PhD in math and/or statistics centric field of study
- Experience on a data team of a similar size (<10)
- Experience working with protected healthcare data (e.g. ADM, EHR) and pharmaceutical supply chain logistics (e.g. invoicing, cost optimization)
- Experience working with ETL tools (e.g. Airflow, DBT) and data lake/warehouse infrastructure (e.g. Redshift, Spark)
- Experience with MLOps including deployment, CI/CD Pipelines, and monitoring
The standard base pay range for this role is $130,000 - 145,000 when annualized. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for an amazing benefits package. Actual amounts and salary will vary depending on position offered, experience, performance, and location.
This position is a remote position and open to applicants in the continental United States.
Bluesight’s culture is built on innovation and teamwork. There’s room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun doing it. We truly believe that where you work and what you do matters. Join us as we revolutionize the hospital pharmacy landscape!
-Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
-Generous insurance coverage
-401k program with a company match
-Fun, collaborative culture!
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
$130K - $145K USD/Year$130000 — $145000/Year
Data & AI