About the job:
Making a job change is a big decision. Why consider Aptos?
You will join a team of remarkable colleagues who are committed and passionate about creating and delivering leading-edge solutions to the retail market. You will be part of an exciting growth journey where we will do everything possible to help you reach and exceed your career dreams. Our colleagues have access to industry-leading training and development opportunities, and the chance to work in a global, diverse culture with offices in 13 countries. You will be part of an inclusive culture that is grounded in our Company's purpose: to make a difference for every colleague, every client, every day.
With years of deep retail DNA, Aptos has been a market-leading platform that drives the world’s largest retailers’ product, promotion, commerce and merchandising decisions across online and brick-and-mortar operations. The opportunity at Aptos has never been greater, as we transition our solutions to cloud-native, microservices architecture. More than 135,000 retail locations impact nearly $2 trillion in annual revenue across fashion, grocery, drug, convenience, general merchandise, discount and sporting goods stores optimized with Aptos’ solutions. We hope you’ll be a part of taking innovative solutions to market with the leader in Unified Commerce.
Job Summary: We are seeking a skilled and experienced Corporate Events Manager with a strong background in event planning and project management. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating and executing a range of corporate events, ensuring their successful implementation within budgetary constraints and project timelines. This role requires a detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational and communication skills.
This role directly reports to the Director of Events and involves close collaboration with the broader marketing team, as well as cross-functional partnerships with internal teams including finance, sales, product, and solution consulting teams.
- Event Planning:
- Plan and execute a variety of corporate events, including client conferences and meetings, our flagship tradeshow, webinars, and key employee engagement initiatives, including the annual sales kickoff.
- Work closely with internal teams to understand event objectives and requirements.
- Develop and manage event timelines and project plans to ensure all tasks are completed on schedule.
- Coordinate logistics, vendors, and resources effectively.
- Budget Management:
- Develop event budgets based on project requirements and company guidelines.
- Monitor and control expenses to ensure events stay within budgetary constraints.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors to optimize costs.
- Provide regular updates on budget status to stakeholders.
- Manage marketing team purchasing card and purchase orders submitting monthly reconciliation reports.
- Logistics Coordination:
- Oversee logistics for events, including venue setup, audio-visual equipment, catering, shipping, and transportation.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure all elements of the event are seamlessly integrated.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any on-site issues to ensure smooth event execution.
- Stakeholder Communication:
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to gather event requirements and expectations including external partner sponsors.
- Facilitate attendee communication and guest experience touch points including event attendee logistics and registration.
- Provide regular updates and reports on event planning progress.
- Address inquiries and concerns from stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Post-Event Evaluation:
- Conduct post-event evaluations to assess the success of each event.
- Gather feedback from participants and stakeholders for continuous improvement.
- Prepare post-event reports summarizing key metrics and outcomes.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) preferred
- 5+ years proven experience in corporate event management with budget responsibility
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices in event management.
- Proficiency in utilizing event management software, such as CVENT, and project management tools, including Wrike.
- Bonus points for experience with webinar platforms like GoToWebinar or equivalent tools.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite."
- The pay range for this position is between $63,000 and $75,000 plus Sale Incentive Bonus. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including a base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. By submitting an application for this job, you acknowledge that any personal data or personally identifiable information that you provide to us will be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice.
$90K - $150K USD/Year *$90000 — $150000/Year
Management and Business