Trust & Safety specialist Dutch
About the job:
Who we are
📱 Yubo is a live social discovery app launched in 2015, with the ambition to create a space where Gen Z can belong, feel safe and make friends. With more than 70 million users worldwide across 140 countries, we celebrate the true essence of being young, and make it easy to connect with others wherever you are.
We are a French Tech company, part of the Next120, and our mission is to inspire and enable a new generation to find out about the world and themselves. Yubo’s business model is different from other social networks: in-app purchases and subscriptions. Yubo’s growth relies on paid UA, not virality.
Our objective is to become the safest social app in the world. Indeed, as leading platform for young people to socialize online, we have a special responsibility towards our community to building a safe digital space, and we take it very seriously. Safety is at the core of our DNA, and we have developed and implemented a wide range of safeguards in the app. We also work closely with the broader technology industry, NGOs and charities to create industry-leading child protection standards. We really have a proactive approach to protect, support and educate. Since 2020, we are scaling and expanding internationally, and we recently opened our offices in London and Milan.
Join our team of 200 colleagues working from all over the world!
As a Trust & Safety specialist Dutch, you:
- Develop subject matter expertise on online abuse
- Investigate user safety incidents reports and apply internal policy guidelines and enforcement actions accordingly.
- Escalate/Handle high risks escalations and apply critical thinking based on level of risk
- Identify opportunities to improve our operational workflows and user policies
- Report technical bugs
- Monitor lives in real-time and take appropriate actions for user behavior that violates guidelines
- Help and assist with training improvement and learning development
- Escalate high risks situations and apply critical thinking based on level of risk
- Communicate on new trends see on the app
- Suggest ideas and projects to improve Yubo safety product
- Write a daily report to raise any new trends seen on the app
Technical & Mindset Prerequisites
- Professional background:
- > 3-4 years of experience
- Must have: safety or moderation experience
- Nice to have: customer support experience
- Do reporting
- Specific knowledge:
- Required languages: Dutch => C1/C2 - English => B2
- Fluent in Netherlands culture
- Fluent in pop culture / genZ
- Understanding social networks
- Soft skills:
- Analytical skills, ability to appreciate/evaluate situations in a specific context
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Team player
- Ability to step back
- Social intelligence: being able to understand and adapt to the background and culture (employees and users)
The recruitment Process
- Interview with Lead
- Technical Test and debrief with the manager
- Dutch interview
- Criminal record check
Our approach to privacy
- As part of your job, you will be working on tools that process personal data relating to Yubo users.
- As a social media platform, we require our employees to have a strong awareness and understanding of privacy issues, and in particular of children's online safety, privacy and well-being.
- Every employee at Yubo is expected to participate in compliance with data protection regulations as well as the continuous improvement of our Privacy & Safety By Design measures.
What we can offer you
Our culture :
✨Yubo is a tribe of diverse backgrounds and expertise (tech, marketing & communication, safety, support functions...) that share common values like a results-based culture, total transparency, a strong team spirit, the drive to continue learning, and courage to face challenges head-on.
Our policy about diversity & inclusion :
🏳️🌈 We’re serious about diversity and inclusion at Yubo. People of color, gay, lesbian, transgender, non-binary people, parents, and people with disabilities are all welcome on our team. We hold regular workshops to foster a culture of empathy and compassion for minority issues. We are proud that diversity and inclusion are crucial assets to our team.
🎉We are certified HappyIndex® / AtWork StartUp 2021, Tech AtWork® 2021, and Hybrid Worplace® 2021 🍾
$60K - $120K USD/Year *$60000 — $120000/Year