About the job:
Holmusk, a 2019 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, is building a leading real-world evidence platform in mental health. We leverage data and advanced analytics to accelerate research and improve outcomes in psychiatry across pharma, healthcare providers, and payers.
We are seeking an experienced NLP expert for the Senior Data Scientist (NLP) position. The position will serve as the in-house expert for NLP algorithms applied to healthcare problems and would be responsible for driving the custom NLP projects/ solutions for enrichment of Holmusk’s real world behavioral health database. If this description excites you, come join a diverse and collaborative team of engineers, designers, data scientists, health and business professionals who are passionate about improving healthcare.
- Comprehend requirements for extraction of specific data from unstructured clinician's notes and be responsible for the complete life cycle of NLP model development, from problem definition and data collection to model training, validation, and deployment.
- Work on developing NLP models in collaboration with junior data scientists which encompasses code review, maintenance of code repositories and code/ model versioning.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineers, clinicians, and product managers, to integrate NLP solutions into broader systems and applications.
- Responsible for creating material including model insights, use cases and publications as required by managers, and ensuring scientific rigor in model development.
What We're Looking For
- Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science,Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Bioengineering or related fields from recognised institutes.
- Proficient in Python/SQL, solid programming skills.
- Candidate with at least 3 to 4 years of experience in handling end to end NLP projects.
- Proven hands-on experience in pre-training, fine-tuning of large language models like BERT, GPT, Llama etc. for NLP tasks like information extraction, NER and text classification.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment pipelines for machine learning/deep learning models.
- Good working knowledge of tools and frameworks, including but not limited to TensorFlow, PyTorch, AWS, MLOps, Docker, Lang Chain Agents, and other relevant technologies.
- Candidate who can stay abreast of the latest advancements in NLP and related tools and integrate them into the development process when applicable.
- Experience with generative AI and other specialized NLP techniques like prompt engineering, RAG etc..
- Knowledge of best practices in model explainability and interpretability especially in healthcare/biomedical domain
At Holmusk we take pride in our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe it takes all kinds of people to build the best products and bring real change to the healthcare space.
$90K - $170K USD/Year *$90000 — $170000/Year
Data & AI