About the job:
At Navisite, celebrating our employees and investing in their well-being and development is not just a priority or an initiative - it's woven directly into our company fabric. Our mantra and unofficial corporate hashtag #SoMuchGood is all about recognizing our team's commitment and achievements, both inside and outside the office. It's that theme that has driven a host of programs at Navisite - it's who we are. What we do is simple: We work hard, we have fun, we give back to the community and we never take our eye off the goal - creating a modern cloud MSP with a global, talented team of employees. Join us and be part of our team!!
Our Senior SAP Project Manager is accountable for managing Professional Services projects for Navisite. Projects are performed by dedicated or shared teams of technical engineering resources.
Location: This position will be remote with travel. Candidate may work where they live anywhere in the United States, but candidates located in Eastern or Central timezones are highly preferred.
Travel Requirements: Candidate will be required to travel to client sites 75-100% of the time.
- Accountable for successfully managing Global customer projects for Navisite
- Oversee and coordinate multiple teams of technical and/or process engineering resources to perform project tasks
- Manage one or multiple customer projects simultaneously
- Develop project plans, specifications, and other related project administration tasks
- Work directly with Navisite customers at multiple levels to perform implementation activities
- Oversee project execution, including but not limited to:
- Conducting project launch meetings
- Gather and document the customer’s technical, functional and business requirements
- Developing detailed project plans
- Managing, influencing, and monitoring project issues, risks, and escalations
- Tracking/influencing/managing projects from initiation to successful completion
- Communicating project status on a timely and regular basis
- Resolving project issues, problems, and changes
- Leading projects to overall success
- Oversee quality assurance cycles for all projects
- Prepare formal status reports on a regular basis for customer and Navisite senior management
- Execute projects using the Navisite methods, tools, templates and processes, ensuring a well governed, consistent and standardized project approach
- Apply learning from past projects to future projects by developing and continuously improving tools, templates and processes to facilitate implementation efforts
- Be a member of the Navisite Global PMO, helping in its continuous development and effectiveness
- Support the development of new and existing internal and customer relationships
- Support / manage all customer stakeholders and engagement activities – managing customer expectations and customer responsibilities including initiating, running and participating in Project Steering Committee meetings
- Implement methods to get an in-depth understanding of customer requirements investigating underlying causes and recommending short and long term solutions
- Report customer opportunities and feedback to Navisite sales and management teams
- Act as a facilitator and mentor to project team members
- Lead and manage teams of customer, 3rd parties and Navisite resources, delivering results through others
- Ensure effective communication channels
- Manage and deliver projects from mobilization until handover and closure, delivering solutions to time, scope, quality and budget
- Work within a multiple level team structure
- Report all project delivery progress and status to the customer and Navisite PMO
- Report all escalations to the PMO or relevant Program Manager
- Support and monitor project management standards and quality checks used within the Navisite Global PMO
- Manage and delivery complex projects from mobilization to handover and closure
- Utilizing cross-functional teams and third parties to deliver solutions and multiple delivery of projects to scope, time, quality and budget
- Work within a multiple level team structure – managing direct reports (work-stream leads etc) and indirectly supporting all other levels operating within the team
- Produce recommendations that ensure all customer actions, processes and decisions will deliver long term, sustainable customer satisfaction as well as supporting the long-term interests of the business
- Report all project delivery progress and status to the customer ensuring expectations are managed throughout the project lifecycle
- Identify, assess and resolve complex project and business issues, and provide customer with alternative scenarios
- Resolve all escalations required for projects to relevant Program Manager / Senior Management
- Support and monitor project management standards and quality checks used within the Navisite PMO
- Manage high value, strategic projects and services
- Monitor invoicing activity and profitability of projects
- Provide weekly revenue forecasts for a rolling three-month period and resource forecasts
- Ensure that areas of commercial and project risk to Navisite, such as payment terms, penalty clauses, contractual omissions, technical and organizational risks are identified and mitigated
Financial and Commercial Awareness
Experience and Required Skills
- In-depth knowledge of SAP Solutions and process knowledge including industry best practices
- Translate requirements into solutions, using SAP best practice, industry solutions or Navisite Solutions as a baseline.
- Explores new SAP applications as a leader and be able to articulate the business value to customers Navisite employees.
- Extensive experience required in SAP Greenfield ERP implementations
- Coaching and mentoring to enable skills transfer at a management level
- Delivering presentations to customers and partners
- Vendor/supplier management
- Presentation & workshop management
- Supporting the management of third party contractors and vendors as required
- Detailed understanding of Professional Services solutions and technologies
- Detailed understanding of benefits realization techniques
- Detailed understanding of business process design
- Ability to become a ‘trusted advisor’ for a customer
- Ability to articulate ideas and concepts to a diverse range of audiences
- Business change skills in the areas of impact
- Detailed knowledge and experience of project planning, delivery and risk management methodologies
- Knowledge of given business sectors / industries
- Ability to provide thought leadership
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
Navisite is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Navisite does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Internal Applicants – No sponsorship available / External Applicants – Sponsorship not guaranteed. Any potential sponsorship depends on a number of factors, including but not limited to the local candidate pool and can vary from year to year.
You must ensure compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation.
$90K - $150K USD/Year *$90000 — $150000/Year
Management and Business