About the job:
Serving the People Who Serve the People
Granicus is driven by the excitement of building, implementing, and maintaining technology that is transforming the Govtech industry by bringing governments and its constituents together. We are on a mission to support our customers with meeting the needs of their communities and implementing our technology in ways that are equitable and inclusive. Granicus has consistently appeared on the GovTech 100 list over the past 5 years and has been recognized as the best companies to work on BuiltIn.
Over the last 25 years, we have served 5,500 federal, state, and local government agencies and more than 300 million citizen subscribers power an unmatched Subscriber Network that use our digital solutions to make the world a better place. With comprehensive cloud-based solutions for communications, government website design, meeting and agenda management software, records management, and digital services, Granicus empowers stronger relationships between government and residents across the U.S., U.K., Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. By simplifying interactions with residents, while disseminating critical information, Granicus brings governments closer to the people they serve—driving meaningful change for communities around the globe.
Want to know more? See more of what we do here.
Our sales team is dynamic, driven to succeed, and has a “Challenger” mindset. We are looking for a driven, resourceful, and intellectually curious Federal Partner Manager to join our team. This team member will focus on cross-selling within current clients in our local municipal market and leading the sales cycle from prospecting to shake-of-hand.
- Lead sales with a Challenger mindset
- Work with 5-7 key State partners, Digital Agencies, SI’s, and OEM’s.
- Proactive partner client outreach to build awareness, teach and develop new sales opportunities within the federal marketplace
- Teach Partners about market trends, challenges and issues they did not know existed, and share best practices to develop new sales opportunities
- Work to uncover partner goals, challenges and desired outcomes to understand their business and engineer creative solutions & go to market strategies
- Continually working to develop and expand our current partnership(s); always working with our long-term future in mind
- Build and deliver engaging custom presentations to sales and marketing teams ranging from 1-20 people
- Cultivate relationships both horizontally and vertically through communications and conducting follow-up communications
- Lead partner sales meetings via phone, live video/web, and in-person
- Manage internal resources, including sales support, marketing, and solutions consultants to present a compelling case to partners
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets
- Manage all partner sales aspects in your territory including; prospecting, activity tracking, opportunity management, forecasting revenue, contract management and closing deals
- Pursue leads generated by your partners and our inbound and outbound marketing efforts
- Support management team in developing partner sales strategy
- Use Salesforce to track sales activity, notes and key sales information, manage opportunities thru stages of the sales process
- Write and present quarterly business reviews to Sales Management, Senior Management, and peers
- Participate in selected industry activities, organizations/associations, and trade shows as needed
- The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of progressive software/SaaS/PaaS field sales experience working with State/Government Partners
- Experience working in the government sector is a plus
- Experience in marketing, communications, technology, consultative services is a plus
- You are comfortable working with C-level individuals
- Posses a proven a consistent record of outperforming quota in previous sales positions
- Experience managing 30+ active opportunities, encompassing one or more product solutions, resulting in winning/closing 15+ opportunities per year
- Experience leading and driving sales ranging in size from $5K-$100K ARR, as well as $1M+ deals
- You are excited about working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities and opportunities
- You are confident, competitive, and driven as well as take initiative and willing to go the extra mile
- You are goal-oriented and self-motivated; an entrepreneurial spirit
- You are resourceful; okay with the unknown and capable of working to find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties
- Collaborative by nature and enjoy working with others, including cross-functionally
- You are exceptional at prospecting; proven ability and passion for leading prospecting activities, frequently breaking into new accounts
- You are empathetic; you can understand others and formulate potential solutions
- You possess exceptional communication skills; written, oral and with presentations
- We are a remote-first company with a globally distributed workforce across the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, India, Armenia, Australia, and New Zealand.
- At Granicus, we are building a transparent, inclusive, and safe space for everyone who wants to be a part of our journey. A few culture highlights include –
- Employee Resource Groups to encourage diverse voices
- Coffee with Mark sessions – Our employees get to interact with our CEO on very important and sometimes difficult issues ranging from mental health to work life balance and current affairs.
- Microsoft Teams communities focused on wellness, art, furbabies, family, parenting, and more.
- We bring in special guests from time to time to discuss issues that impact our employee population
- We are proud to serve dynamic organizations around the globe that use our digital solutions to make the world a better place — quite literally. We have so many powerful success stories that illustrate how our solutions are impacting the world. See more of our impact here.
Potential base salary. Does not include bonus OR commission and benefits.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $150,000-$175,000 USD
Don’t have all the skills/experience mentioned above? At Granicus, we are trying to build diverse, inclusive teams. We do not have degree requirements for most of our roles. If you don’t meet every requirement above, but are excited to learn more, we encourage you to apply. We might just be able to find another role that could be a perfect fit!
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
$90K - $150K USD/Year *$90000 — $150000/Year
Management and Business