About the job:
This position will be fully remote and can be hired anywhere in the continental U.S.
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together.
Our Digital Transformation (DX) team is focused on delivering business outcomes for our clients across the Data Value Chain, working collaboratively with the different DX practice areas (i.e. Secure Cloud Transformation, Big Data & Analytics, Connected Devices).
As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses, and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team.
The Microsoft Secure CloudPrincipal works closely with clients to identify, develop and implement secure Microsoft Cloud architectures (e.g. Azure AD and M365) and assist customers with remediation efforts. These efforts include but are not limited to migrations, Defender Suite, Azure Blueprints, M365 planning and deployments, networking, firewalls, WAFs, and Entra.
How you'll make an impact
- Act as the lead Microsoft technical subject matter expert focused on Azure AD and M365 as well as related applications and services
- Work with clients and project teams to assess, design, implement, and enhance Azure AD and M365
- Deliver expertise and best practices for Azure deployments (e.g. green field blueprints, migration paths, optimization, best practices), as well as other 3rd party related technologies
- Support delivery of consulting engagements with clients large and small, across every industry
- Design complex architectures and assist in deployment of those architectures
- Assist customers across a broad range of Azure AD and M365 topics, providing best practices and guidance for customers deployment
- Create professional client deliverables to clearly present recommendations and strategies using compelling formats including dashboards, presentations, and documentation
- Continuous learning and upskilling on relevant technology products and methodologies, leveraging training resources provided
- Support with practice and business development activities such as interviews, training, IP development, and scoping for client engagements
- Scope large scale projects and assist demand team in translating business requirements into a statement of work
- Oversee all Microsoft Cloud projects in a technical capacity
- Work cross team on various projects for the deployment of 3rd party tools into Azure
What we're looking for
- 5-7 years of Azure AD experience across the various services
- 3-5 years of M365 experience across the various services
- 2-3 years of Microsoft centric security with the Defender suite of products
- 2-3 years of on premises experience covering Active Directory and Exchange
- Have performed several migrations to various M365 services, including OneDrive, SharePoint, Exchange, Defender for Exchange
- Have performed migrations from 3rd party IDM products to Entra AD for MFA and SSO
- Ability to design and interpret complex Azure designs that include 3rd party tools in both a green field and brown field scenario
- Understanding of Entra and RBAC model
- Understanding of malware analysis, threat intelligence, threat vectors across Azure AD services, Azure Purview, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Applications, and integration into Sentinel as well as 3rd party SIEMs
- Ability to architect Microsoft focused solutions that can be used on premises as well as within cloud services
- Understanding of how 3rd party applications can be used with the Defender Suite
- Ability to design multi cloud security strategies using both Defender and 3rd party tools
- Understanding of the entire Microsoft eco system and how the pieces interact
- A broad technical understanding of the different pieces of the Defender suite
- An understanding of 3rd party tools that may interact with the Microsoft Cloud and how those tools can supersede or work in conjunction with the Microsoft cloud
- Resident cloud infrastructure subject matter expert researching, implementing and communicating Infrastructure-as-code solutions across the Enterprise
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.
$90K - $160K USD/Year *$90000 — $160000/Year
DevOps and Sysadmin