About the job:
Papa is a new kind of care built on human connection. Across the country, health plans and employers look to Papa to provide vital social support by pairing older adults and families with Papa Pals, trained and vetted companions, who provide a helping hand and an open ear, resulting in less loneliness and better health.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Miami, Papa is backed by Canaan, Tiger Global Management, Comcast Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Initialized Capital, and Seven Seven Six, among other revered institutional and individual investors. We envision a world where no one has to go it alone. Learn more at Papa.com.
Papa is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our accounting team as Senior AP Accountant either remotely (US) or in Miami, FL. The Senior AP Accountant will play a key role to ensure timely and accurate accounting for the accounts payable and employee expense reimbursement processes. You will also be responsible for processing daily contractor payments, accurate recording of accrued and prepaid expenses during the month-end close, and all tax-related processes for AP. This person will work closely with Accounting and Finance leadership, as well as leadership across the organization including IT, Operations, Product and Legal to maintain strong relationships with our vendors and contractors.
The position is ideal for someone with an extensive accounts payable background that enjoys building new processes to support a business at scale. The person will be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all accounts payable activities and identify improvements in the AP process
- Responsible for timely processing of vendor invoicing, daily contractor payments, and employee expense reimbursements Manage the month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely GAAP reporting of financial statements; Assist in the preparation of auditable financial statements
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for various accounts payable, balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Manage the creation and delivery of invoices monthly as well as supporting the automation of the invoicing process.
- Support, develop and document accounting policies and financial procedures to maintain & strengthen internal controls & compliance
- Assist in the development of key accounting policies and document memos
- Assist in various accounting functions such as accounts payable analysis, accounts receivable reporting and support, payroll reconciliation, expense report processing, and other ad-hoc general accounting-related tasks.
- Analyze existing processes and systems and identify and lead improvement opportunities
- Prepare documentation for the year-end External Audit
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field, CPA preferred
- 3-6 years total experience with a mix of Big 4 and industry experience preferred; healthcare experience a plus
- Understands AP processes as well as the impact to the financial statements and month end close entries
- Experience with coordinating and filing annual 1099 forms for contractors
- Strong analytical skills with advanced Excel skills
- Experience creating written and oral communications and presentations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with NetSuite, Airbase, and Expensify is a plus
- Financial statement preparation is a plus.
- Excellent time and self-management skills & ability to prioritize.
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard-working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
$60K - $110K USD/Year *$60000 — $110000/Year
Accounting and Finance