About the job:
About Climate Power
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
Learn more about our organization and work here: Climate Power: We’re GROWING!
About This Role
Climate Power is seeking a Managing Director, Development to join our Senior Leadership team.
The Managing Director, Development will work closely with the Executive Director to create, lead and direct all development, donor events, and fundraising efforts on behalf of Climate Power. They will develop and implement fundraising/development plans to ensure the organization meets its goals. The right candidate will be a strategic thinker and partner with the Senior Leadership Team to communicate and action organizational goals, strategies, and tactics.
This position reports directly to the Chief of Staff and will work with organization leadership to support the mission of elevating climate and clean energy solutions into the political conversation, as well as identifying opportunities to shift the national political narrative. This position will need to work independently and deliver high-quality writing, fundraising, and research support.
- Serve as a principal driver of fundraising and development success for Climate Power.
- Work closely with the Executive Team and Senior Leadership Team on all development, messaging, marketing, events, branding, and positioning efforts for the organization.
- Manage the Development Manager and additional administrative staff. Coordinate with consultants on all fundraising efforts.
- Oversee the development of all donor materials including proposals and grant reports, including writing and editing strategic proposals.
- Establish fundraising and revenue projections for the organization—and drive success against those benchmarks continuously.
- Develop and implement stewardship programs and build major donor relationships with key supporters.
- Develop both short and long term strategies for increasing reach and visibility of Climate Power.
- Liaison with the Executive Team to provide cross functional planning and knowledge exchange.
- Provide thought leadership for increased growth, opportunities for innovation, and efforts to increase diversity among donors and diversification of gifts.
- Represent Climate Power at speaking engagements, fundraising events, and in donor communications.
- 10 years of relevant prior work experience in direct fundraising and development in non-profit or political organizations.
- 5 years of people and/or project management experience; expertise in leading departments and diverse teams and managing complex projects, including experience working with senior-level executives and Board Members.
- Clear understanding of the political landscape, especially as relating to climate justice.
- Proven track record of raising over $10M annually.
- Strong organizational skills demonstrated by the ability to manage competing priorities, navigate complex issues, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Effective communicator—both written and oral.
- Willingness to stay up to date on best practices and trends relative to the work and projects in their purview.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurances (100% paid for employee and 50% for their dependents)
- Unlimited Paid Time off, including every other Friday and extended summer, fall, and winter breaks
- 401(k) with 5% match
- Education Assistance, including student loan repayment program
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Tech Allowance
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Work From Home Stipend, for home office furniture
- Employee Wellness & Treat Yourself Funds
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements and believe you’re a good fit, we absolutely encourage you to apply, but be sure to uplift all experience that aligns with both our essential qualifications.
Location & Hours of Operations
Climate Power is a remote-first organization based in DC. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S., but must be able to work Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm EST, plus weekends and evenings as the work dictates.
Compensation & Benefits
Climate Power offers a competitive compensation package including experienced based salary (please ensure that all relevant experience is included on your resume) and comprehensive benefits, including the following:
Compensation is based on experience. Please ensure that your resume lists all relevant experience for salary considerations.
Our Hiring Process & Timeline
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until the position is filled (posting will remain up until position filled).
An ideal start date would be before or by January 31, 2024.
Our interview process generally involves 3 rounds of interviews, ranging in length from 30-60 minutes. All interviews will be conducted via Google Meets or Zoom. Successful candidates that move forward in the hiring process, will be invited to complete a skills assessment activity (for which they will receive compensation) and will undergo a vetting process, including reference and background check to ensure cultural and political alignment.
Accessibility & Accommodation Requests
Climate Power is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Additionally, Climate Power is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Climate Power will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview and hiring process.
If reasonable accommodation is needed in the interview process, please email@example.com.
Requests for updates in the hiring/interview process or other solicitations, should not be sent to this email.
$163K - $194K USD/Year$163558 — $194800/Year
Management and Business