About the job:
We're looking for a full-time remote Golang Software Engineer who will help us build an Open Source private DBaaS.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Our team is growing, so you and your work will significantly impact the ecosystem. This is a rare opportunity to work from home in a great team, on a 100% open source project!
Ideally, we would love to find a Go Software Engineer who has in-depth knowledge of highly-available databases, but we will consider an experienced programmer who has good knowledge of databases or Kubernetes internals.
This position is back-end development. You should find these keywords familiar and very appealing:
#golang #kubernetes #orchestration #PostgreSQL #MongoDB #MySQL #database clustering #high-availability #containers
This role will be based in the EMEA time zone.
What You Will Do
- Key contributor in building and implementing the Kubernetes Operators for relational and NoSQL databases
- Architect technical design of new features and improvements
- Collaborate with engineers and teams across the company to help in the deployment and debugging of Kubernetes Operator to facilitate rapid integration and massive growth
- Participate in technical article writing, blogging, conference speaking engagements
- 3+ years programming in Golang with strong programming fundamentals
- Test-driven and test automation first advocate
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Fluent English written and verbal language skills
- Ability to work as a teamplayer as we sell as independently in a fully remote environment
- Development experience on cloud computing platform (AWS, Azure or OpenShift)
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git)
- Experience designing, building, and documenting APIs
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming
What Will Make You Stand Out
- In-depth knowledge of databases
- Experience developing software products
- Open-source contributor of any database operator, Kubernetes, Golang
- Experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, known community person
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
$90K - $140K USD/Year *$90000 — $140000/Year