About the job:
Who are we?
We are Curri and our mission is to be the way the world delivers construction and industrial supplies. Curri provides a modern logistics platform for construction, industrial, and adjacent industries with our nationwide fleet of cars, trucks, and flatbeds paired with industry leading technology. Curri was founded in 2018 and was a part of the YC S19 Batch. Employees work out of our office in Ventura, CA, but the majority of our fast-growing start-up operates remotely, with over 100 employees spread across the United States. We're solving a massive, global problem of inefficiency in the construction and industrial supply chain. Find out more at curri.com.
What’s the role?
Are you always curious, questioning the status quo? Do you love to collaborate with great people to holistically solve business problems? Are you results-driven, with an ability to find and execute value-adding tasks, rather than executing a to-do list?
Great! You might be a fit for our growing Legal team at Curri!
Curri provides its customers with an assurance that cargo damage incurred during a Curri delivery will be covered under our Loss Assurance Program (see https://www.curri.com/loss-assurance). The vast majority of claims Curri deals with are relatively low dollar value for the freight industry (under $10,000).
We are looking for a Loss Control Program Manager who will be responsible for developing, implementing, executing various programs designed to minimize the amount, and recover, any losses Curri incurs from cargo, property damage and personal injury claims under its Loss Assurance Program. The ideal candidate will respond to loss incidents rapidly and aggressively while also having the ability to articulate the value of the company’s loss control efforts internally. The position reports to the Company’s General Counsel.
What you will do:
- Review and analyze historic loss data and develop and implement strategic initiatives that will improve Curri’s loss results.
- Work with the Company’s General Counsel and Compliance Manager to develop continual improvements to Curri’s loss reduction and recovery programs.
- Collaborate with Curri’s digital product development team to direct development efforts on Curri’s platform that will reduce, or enhance recovery of, Curri’s losses.
- Develop and execute a rapid response program for lost and stolen cargo claims.
- Investigate, evaluate and respond to all claims submitted to Curri under its Loss Assurance Program or otherwise related to personal injuries or property damage occurring during Curri deliveries.
- Assemble and submit demands to drivers, motor carriers, insurance carriers, and any other third parties who may be liable to Curri for losses it incurs.
- Pursue recovery of losses by all reasonably available means, when appropriate, and negotiate settlements with at-fault parties and/or their insurance carriers.
What you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience doing loss reduction and/or recovery work in the transportation industry, including a combination of experience executing loss recovery as an individual contributor and overseeing loss control programs.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance coverages in the transportation sector.
- Proficiency in filing claims and negotiate settlements with insurance carriers.
- Experience working with, and pursuing recovery against small to mid-sized couriers and motor carriers.
- Ability to work with and analyze historical loss data.
- Extremely organized and proactive in addressing and resolving loss claims.
- Background knowledge of Federal and State trucking regulations
What is in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work for a dynamic and successful start-up on a diverse team where you can make a huge impact by doing meaningful work.
- Work in a remote environment with a flexible schedule. We don’t micromanage and want to help you do great work.
- There is no work/life—there is only life and want your time at Curri to be life-giving and foster the best version of you. We care about family and your own personal development and don't expect you to be always engaged with work.
- We offer a competitive salary, and benefits including, but not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401K, and an equity compensation grant.
$95K - $120K USD/Year$95000 — $120000/Year
Management and Business