About the job:
Who We Are
Angel Studios is the home of stories that amplify light. Through its platform, thousands of “Angel” investors choose which titles will be created, funded, and distributed. Angel Studios allows creators and audiences to form passionate communities around their creative projects, making the story behind the story as important as the final project itself. The studios’ first projects—The Chosen and Dry Bar Comedy—have earned billions of views around the world. Learn more at Angel.com
We’re looking for passionate team members who want to build world-class products that will reshape media over the coming decades. Learn more about:
Join us and be part of stories that matter.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our team and help build products that enable the consumer to enjoy content that they can co-create with the creators through our platform. You are someone who enjoys all forms of media consumption. You can internalize the day-to-day challenges faced by people who may be technically challenged by trying to consume their favorite content across a myriad of devices ranging from mobile phones to TVs and the next-gen VR / AR experiences. You enjoy the process of turning ideas and insights into solutions for users, shepherding designs from ideation, through rapid iteration, to pixel-perfect implementation.
Expectations at Angel Studios:
- Amplify light in every action.
- As the owner of your outcomes, you are empowered to break down silos and coordinate with any and all people you need in order to reach your goals.
- You are ultimately responsible for achieving the outcomes while also using resources wisely - whether that be money, people, or time.
- Know your customer - it might be our viewers, investors, creators, or internal Angel Teams. Ensure you understand your customer and are providing what THEY need and not just what you want to build.
- You OWN the success of your team members, including hiring, onboarding, goals, performance management, raises, terminations, etc.
- Hold team members accountable to their goals - help them grow and make the most of the resources they bring. Document their performance for reviews.
- Create opportunities for team members to take initiative and ownership.
- Give consistent and timely candid feedback with compassion - your team members need to know where they stand at all times. If you find yourself doubting a team member, address it swiftly with actionable feedback.
- Contributes in a way that moves the Angel mission forward and exemplifies the team qualities required for working at Angel.
- When faced with roadblocks, mistakes or unforeseen circumstances, consistently and proactively find creative solutions and/or break down barriers to handle the challenge or complication. (Focus is on creating/building/testing/learning/resolution rather than getting stuck and identifying or placing blame).
- Clearly understand how to utilize and apply network effects
- Design and develop intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces for our television products, considering user experience, interaction, and usability principles.
- In every instance focus on understanding the user’s needs and serving them. (Not treating them like wallets)
- Break down complex problems into solutions through user flows, wireframes, and both low-fidelity and high-fidelity designs.
- Foster collaboration with UX Researchers to gain a deeper understanding of the customer and leverage their feedback for iterative improvements, ensuring the design meets user needs and expectations.
- Assist with QA testing to ensure a seamless user experience and address any design-related issues before the final release.
- Maintain a consistent design experience by utilizing Design Systems and Component Libraries.
- Clearly articulate each feature of your work, enabling engineers to easily understand and execute them as manageable tasks.
- Bring new and creative ideas to the table, actively contributing to increasing watch times and revenue streams.
- Must attend and contribute to regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in the English language required. Additional language proficiency is a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- An exceptional listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace.
- Detail-oriented perspective and able to pick up on overlooked details.
- Organization and time management.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions.
- Resourceful and able to problem-solve and manage tasks with ambiguity.
- Willing to perform an array of tasks both in and out of the office.
- Can take feedback to tasks and assignments positively and create better solutions.
- A quick study, able to pick up new skills and learn how to use new programs.
- Must participate in setting and achieving regularly scheduled and outlined objectives.
- Ability to take individual ownership, execute with high energy, share context, insist on candor with positive intent.
- Possess a strong knowledge of various streaming platforms.
- Proficient with Figma as your primary design platform.
- Strong understanding of design systems and design tokens.
- Ability to assist in coordinating, updating, and managing design system components that are adopted into production.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in product design.
Commensurate with experience and scope of responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Perks at Angel:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Option equity package
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees and dependents
- Short, and Long Term Disability Insurance paid for employee, with option of additional AD&D insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- 401(k) investment opportunity with employer match
- Paid parental leave
Angel is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Angel Studios, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.
$121K - $160K USD/Year$121000 — $160000/Year