About the job:
Making a job change is a big decision. Why consider Aptos?
You will join a team of remarkable colleagues who are committed and passionate about creating and delivering leading-edge solutions to the retail market. You will be part of an exciting growth journey where we will do everything possible to help you reach and exceed your career dreams. Our colleagues have access to industry-leading training and development opportunities, and the chance to work in a global, diverse culture with offices in 13 countries. You will be part of an inclusive culture that is grounded in our Company's purpose: to make a difference for every colleague, every client, every day.
With years of deep retail DNA, Aptos has been a market-leading platform that drives the world’s largest retailers’ product, promotion, commerce and merchandising decisions across online and brick-and-mortar operations. The opportunity at Aptos has never been greater, as we transition our solutions to cloud-native, microservices architecture. More than 135,000 retail locations impact nearly $2 trillion in annual revenue across fashion, grocery, drug, convenience, general merchandise, discount and sporting goods stores optimized with Aptos’ solutions. We hope you’ll be a part of taking innovative solutions to market with the leader in Unified Commerce.
As a Senior Client Executive you will be responsible for selling the full suite of Aptos solutions to new retailers as well as current Aptos customers.
Aptos Senior Client Executives are instrumental in increasing the company’s sales and revenue profile. They bolster our customer base by winning new deals, new customers and providing our customers with solutions and experiences that deliver value for years to come. We are looking for a highly motivated, extremely curious, process driven teammate with a strategic growth mindset.
More of what you will be doing…
Your primary sales responsibilities will include:
- Working with Sales, Marketing, Strategy, Professional Services and Customer Success team members to position and leverage opportunities to grow existing and net new accounts
- Prospecting within assigned prospects to uncover business needs based on value selling, covering the entire suite of Aptos solutions and understanding the challenges unique to each retail account
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities with high "close" potential
- Managing opportunity progression in Salesforce.com and forecasting timeframes to close business
- Preparing standard quotations and proposal information as needed and working with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for implementation services.
- Maintaining significant direct strategic contact with customers and providing points of view on how we see other retailers taking action. Be willing to ask challenging questions in deep discovery.
- Understanding customer and prospect business needs and pain points and suggesting actions that can affect their business levers and drive value.
- Actively participating in strategic sales calls and presentations; identifying and evaluating account goals and needs and designing appropriate demonstrations to solve.
- Directing internal resources such as Solution Consultants, Sales Operations, and Legal and keeping other Aptos stakeholders, such as Professional Services and Client Care, updated on your sales opportunities.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to customers at the highest level of management.
More of what we’re looking for…
Aptos looks for individuals that add to our culture; people with passion, extremely driven, resourcefulness, initiative, quality orientation and experience.
We look for future colleagues that can focus on their objectives while maintaining that team spirit that goes along with closing a deal. We are looking for the total candidate, a person with technical acumen, relationship skills, problem solving ability and stellar communication skills. Candidates must be ready to make an impact from day one. Specific sales skills include:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience selling enterprise software solutions
- Proven success in enterprise software sales, evidenced by historical quota achievement, ideally in retail technology
- Good understanding of the retail space
- Strong executive presence
- Expert relationship cultivator
- Intensely curious spirit
- Detailed mindset
- Outside sales experience selling technology to retail industry leaders (Tier 1 and Tier 2)
- Knowledge of using Salesforce.com to prospect, collect and qualify leads, track prospects from initiation to sale and maintain all the relevant information about existing client relationships in one place.
- Comfortable using social media (ex. LinkedIn) to prospect for new clients
- Proven ability to present and sell in a virtual environment
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques
- Ability to travel as business needs require and state governments permit
- The pay range for this position is between $120,000 and $150,000 plus Sale Incentive Bonus. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including a base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. By submitting an application for this job, you acknowledge that any personal data or personally identifiable information that you provide to us will be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice.
$90K - $150K USD/Year *$90000 — $150000/Year
Management and Business