About the job:
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Adaptavist’s mission is to help organizations embrace the right tools, processes, and culture to make transformation their competitive advantage. And it all starts with you.
Working at Adaptavist is unlike any other job you’ve ever had. We trust you from day one. We encourage curiosity. We champion diversity. We’re never afraid to try something new.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that you can now fit work around your life, instead of trying to fit your life around work. You can even take as much vacation as you want. Yes, really!
As part of The Adaptavist Group, we make up a family of brands that combine people, processes, and technology to make businesses better. Offering trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing, we believe our unique and open culture underpins our status as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Some of our UK benefits include:
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the role
As the Senior Cloud Engineer, you will help us build tools and platforms to support a rapidly growing business. You will be exposed to Adaptavist’s internal systems and external customers, as well as our product development teams, working to improve our processes whilst also developing as an authority on best practice in delivery and operations of software and supporting infrastructure.
You will also be using numerous orchestration, configuration management and software development tools - picking the right tool for the job. As a team, we practice continuous delivery, so you have to be comfortable shipping to production daily.
What you'll be doing
- Day to day you will be designing and implementing solutions for numerous parts of Adaptavist from internal IT to our SaaS products, you may even be called upon by our consultants to assist them in client work. Because of the nature of the team and its work, your responsibilities are wide-ranging and evolving however, we can highlight some common themes as follows:
- Design, implement and maintain infrastructure projects
- Consult with other teams to assist them in designing their infrastructure and pipelines
- Develop composable infrastructure-as-code (IAC)
- Be an authority in SRE/DevOps/Development best practices
What we're looking for
- AWS (Most but not all are expected): SSO, Security (IAM,CloudTrail, SecurityHub, GuardDuty), EKS, Control Tower or Landing Zone
- Workload Segmentation: Accounts, VPCs (Peers), Subnets, Endpoints, Terraform
A few nice to haves
- Testing infrastructure (we know it is hard)
- Jenkins / Bamboo / BitBucket Cloud / Gitlab (or other CI)
- Worked on large distributed workloads
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!
$90K - $160K USD/Year *$90000 — $160000/Year
DevOps and Sysadmin