About the job:
Provides administration for cloud computing platforms, networks, and systems. Responsible for delivering a great customer experience. Serves as an escalation point to provide technical support to customers over chat, phone and via support tickets. Responsible for responding to the Rackspace global support ticket queues and completing first line resolution to issues in scope. Expected to follow process, display good judgment in decisions and to create and maintain customer loyalty by going above and beyond the customer’s expectation. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
- Resolve or escalate level-appropriate technical issues for customers in accordance with team playbook guidelines via phone and ticketing
- Secure, administer, and improve customer technical issues which can include cloud platform and infrastructure services, user management and permissions, or other software issues
- Troubleshoot monitoring alerts and create tickets accordingly
- Act as an escalation point for techs inside and outside the team encouraging peers to participate in problem solving
- Escalate support requests according to escalation procedures
- Perform incident management identification, assist in managing and escalation
- Ensure adherence to customer & SLA commitments
- Manage personal ticket cue and monitor ticket response times and take appropriate actions to ensure team response time targets are met
- Collaborate with Account Managers and Business Development Consultants to build strong customer relationships
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other administrators on the support floor
- Provide Fanatical Experience to customers in all the above
- Developing OS troubleshooting knowledge for Linux and Windows
- Developing expertise in a cloud computing platform, such as Azure, AWS, Google, Openstack, etc.
- Developing knowledge to provide increased level of investigation into issues such as application servers, distributions, hosting servers, database servers, user audits, patches, and upgrades.
- Developing understanding of OS specific webhosts and database technologies, such as MSSQL/IIS for Windows or MYSQL/APACHE for Linux
- Basic ability with cross platform troubleshooting tasks such as virtualization, containers, disk storage, encryption, security, network connectivity, NFS, DNS, SSL/TLS, firewalls, and load balancers
- Basic knowledge of DevOps and/or Micro-services with at least one technology including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Container Service etc
- Basic understanding of patching - documents changes based on requests for change
- Basic ability to apply change control procedures
- Requires broadened technical skills in analytical/ scientific methods or operational processes to perform a defined array of activities
- Understands how the team integrates with others to accomplish the team objectives
- Regional equivalent to High School Diploma
- Technical education or job acquired knowledge related to the duties of the role.
- Requires AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack, or other cloud computing certification
- 1 – 2 years of Cloud or System Operations Administration experience
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and improve both technical and ‘people’ skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicates basic technical information with team members
- Strives for performance improvements in oneself and peers
- Leads by example and motivates team members
- Organizational skills with the ability to provide quality at pace
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work under pressure
- Ability to work at a team level as well as an individual level
- Ability to interact confidently with more senior and/or skilled areas of the business
- Able to communicate constructive feedback effectively
- Ability to adapt to changing business and technology requirements.
- Sound problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Discover your inner Racker: Racker Life
- Role can work remotely in the states of Ciudad de Mexico, Jalisco, Nuevo Leon, Aguascalientes, Queretaro, Estado de Mexico and Puebla. You need to be based in Mexico at one of these locations.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
$90K - $160K USD/Year *$90000 — $160000/Year
DevOps and Sysadmin