About the job:
Aalto has set out to create the modern, self-serve real estate platform homebuyers and sellers have been craving for decades. Beginning in 2021, sellers have been able to list their homes with a flexible and no-risk process, unlocking homes for sale months earlier than traditional real estate. Homebuyers enjoy Aalto's exclusive homes, unique insights, and rebates. Tens of thousands of buyers and sellers across the Bay Area are already using Aalto, with new, exclusive homes added hourly.
About The Role
This role will own all content and copywriting at Aalto. You’ll be responsible for a wide range of work, from advertising to product UX, as a key member of the small but highly impactful design team. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to play a formative role in an early stage startup.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside product, design, engineering, and marketing to understand consumer problems and ideate on solutions.
- Own and drive content strategy, information architecture, and copywriting across the consumer experience, inclusive of both product and marketing touchpoints.
- Work with teammates to ensure consistency, quality, and effectiveness of content across the consumer experience.
- Create and maintain content guidelines and standards to inform voice, tone, and strategy.
- Help create a content-first culture amongst the design team and across the broader company.
Who You Are:
- Versatile, with 5+ years experience working in house alongside both product and marketing teams.
- Strategic thinker who can create and communicate content strategy across a multi-channel, online/offline consumer experience.
- Multifaceted writer who can flex across UX writing, CRM, and marketing.
- Detail-oriented craftsperson who can create concise, effective, and engaging copy.
- Self-guided and autonomous operator who needs little oversight to identify, initiate, and deliver high quality work.
- Resourceful, biased toward action, and excited about the opportunity to work in an early stage startup.
- A proven executor who can operate on early stage teams as the sole writer.
A majority of the Aalto team is located around the Bay area with flexibility to work from home or the office. For those located in The Bay area, we do have an office (with ample parking) as an option in the Presidio neighborhood of San Francisco, The CX team meets in the Presidio office on Mondays. We want to empower our employees to do their best work, whether that’s collaborating in person with co-workers, focus time at home, or both!
At Aalto, we strive to provide total rewards that are competitive, equitable, clear, and that tie to the impact that each of our employees has on the organization. Our goal is to have a compensation program that is externally competitive and maps to distinct levels in the outside market while also being equitable internally. The final compensation package is based on an individual’s experience and qualifications for a role. We expect the compensation for this role to fall within the range of $160,000 - $180,000 annual base compensation, equity, and benefits.
- 100% of healthcare premiums with comprehensive healthcare and benefit plan
- Flexible paid time off
- Flexible spending account
- Paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Waived/refunded commission when purchasing a primary resident through Aalto
- Frequent employee in-person and virtual events
Aalto appreciates your interest. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Aalto is committed to ensuring full inclusion and equal opportunity for all candidates. Please indicate in your application if you require reasonable accommodation to participate in our hiring process.
$60K - $110K USD/Year *$60000 — $110000/Year