About the job:
As a Senior Software Engineer II at Aledade, we maintain, improve, and expand our web application and data pipelines. We're looking for engineers who know that writing new code is not always the solution to a problem, but when technological changes are needed they create secure, maintainable, performant, correct, scalable, and stable solutions to the complex and unique challenges in our corner of the healthcare industry. They embrace strategies that minimize risk, leaning towards observability, alerting, metrics, high test coverage, and frequent releases that incrementally build value.
At Aledade we use data to save lives. This opportunity is to improve millions of people's mental and physical health, that's what we do here at Aledade. We empower primary care physicians to use technology to keep their patients healthy, by preventing unnecessary hospitalizations.
At Aledade, you will sit at the intersection of:
A huge problem; amounting to trillions of dollars of waste in U.S. Healthcare spending.
An approach that moves the needle; In the U.S., we wait until someone has a stroke, then are hospitalized. From there, no expense is spared. Using technology, Aledade changes that by enabling doctors to intervene with the proper preventive care, like blood pressure control, before it becomes a stroke.
A platform that works at scale; last year 11,000 physicians across 36 states served ~1.7M patients, saving 24,000 unnecessary hospitalizations and 120,000 visits to the emergency room using Aledade’s technology.
- BS/BTech (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, 8 years experience without degree
- 6+ years experience as an engineer building full-stack web applications as part of a cross-functional team
- 4+ years of experience working with SQL or other database querying language on large multi-table data sets
- 4+ years of experience acting as a trusted technical decision-maker in a team setting, solving for short-term and long-term business value
- 4+ years of experience coaching other engineers
- Experience with health-tech systems, like Electronic Health Records, Clinical data, etc.
- Experience in designing, building and optimizing data pipelines and ETL processes
- Proficiency in working with large datasets and knowledge of data storage technologies
- Experience working with data ingestion systems and optimizing performance for handling large-scale data processing and analysis
- In-depth knowledge of database systems
- Familiarity with database replication, sharding and other techniques for scalability and high availability of databases
- Experience in performance monitoring and optimization of data systems and infrastructure
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building continuous integration and continuous deployment(CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with security and systems that handle sensitive data
Preferred Key, Skills, and Abilities:
- Develop and implement scalable and performant solutions.
- Partner, as a peer, with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, and stakeholders throughout Aledade to develop and execute technical roadmaps using Agile processes
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers including thorough pull request reviews for other developers and be receptive to critical feedback on your own work
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
$90K - $170K USD/Year *$90000 — $170000/Year
Data & AI