About the job:
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an experienced Third Party Risk Management Analyst to join our team responsible for providing operational support, conducting risk assessments, and driving process and technology improvements for the Third Party Risk Management program. This role is key in supporting Circle’s businesses in meeting their objectives and ensuring associated risks are assessed and managed. Additionally, this position serves as the point of contact for the third party risk management process and will follow up with internal and external stakeholders to complete the end-to-end third party risk screening and assessment process.
What you'll work on:
- Supporting the on-going development and improvement of the Third Party Risk Management and Oversight Program, through collaboration with stakeholders, process, technology and automation.
- Reviewing incoming third party engagement requests, performing quality checks of risk profile information for completeness and accuracy and following up with business requestors as needed.
- Managing the pipeline of incoming requests across the procurement intake system and TPRM system to ensure due diligence questionnaires are scoped and sent to third parties and timely responses are received.
- Coordinating with cross-functional review teams including Sanctions, Security, Compliance, Risk, Privacy and others to ensure reviews are progressing and assessments are completed within SLAs.
- Following-up with third parties regarding incomplete submissions or follow-up questions required to complete assessments.
- Reviewing third party responses for Enterprise Risk and TP Risk Management and perform risk assessments.
- Monitoring open issues and mitigation plans to ensure timely closure.
- Contributing to periodic monitoring, program and process documentation and risk remediation efforts.
- Partnering with key stakeholders to implement tools and automation that support effective management and oversight of third party risk and mature processes to scale the program.
- Managing Key Performance and Key Risk Indicators and other metrics and regular reporting to measure and track compliance, risk, and the effectiveness of the program including regular and ad hoc reporting to internal as well as external stakeholders such as regulators.
- Supporting TPRM reporting for management and committees as required.
- Developing and delivering training to build awareness of third party risks and TPRM processes.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years overall professional experience, preferably in banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency; Experience in a RegTech or Fintech company is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in third-party risk management, risk management, operational/supplier/or contract management or relevant corporate experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or foreign equivalent preferred.
- Experience using TPRM systems preferred.
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Experience designing risk goals and KPIs to ensure constant performance improvements.
- Good judgment and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information, with solid strategic thinking skills to meet team objectives.
- Experience working hands-on and collaboratively with other cross-functional teams, such as Legal, Engineering, Security, Product, Data Analytics, and Operations to improve risk management processes and systems.
- Strong customer service and (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $112,500 - $145,000
Annual Bonus Target: 12.5%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.
$90K - $150K USD/Year *$90000 — $150000/Year
Management and Business