About the job:
Based in Washington, D.C., Quorum is a fast-growing software company and is the leading provider of workflow software and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets.Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions to public affairs professionals for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
As a Manager, Customer Success, you will be responsible for leading, managing and coaching an existing team of Customer Success Managers dedicated to our Tech-Touch (Scale/SMB) segment; This team will be tasked with boosting customer loyalty, adoption, and retention by employing a digital-first customer journey through scalable engagement tactics (such as one-to-many playbooks, email campaigns, surveys, signal-based outreach, and in-app messaging). Additionally, you will own the strategy and execution for our end-to-end digital-first approach, which will enable broader scalability across segments. You will be expected to make recommendations to the CS Senior Leadership team around where we need to invest and how we can optimize our customer experience at-scale.
What You’ll Do
- Hire, onboard, train, mentor, and develop Customer Success Managers and/or supporting Success Team roles.
- Guide Customer Success Managers to utilize a customer-focused strategy to drive product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall customer health, with a focus on data-driven activities and automation across the customer journey.
- Coach Customer Success Managers on the skills needed to map Quorum’s capabilities to customer business needs, communicate Quorum’s value to various government personas and audiences, and nurture customer accounts to identify risk, revenue expansion opportunities and ensure successful renewals.
- Establish team targets, comp structure and KPIs.
- Work collaboratively across customer success teams and CS operations to identify repeatable strategies and playbooks designed to drive user engagement, product adoption, value realization, and customer loyalty.
- Continuously enhance the digital strategy to serve the broader customer base.
- Provide ongoing enablement of internal teams.
- Closely collaborate with GTM functions to ensure continuity across the entire customer journey.
- Translate customer insights into actionable feedback for our product and go-to-market teams.
- You have 2+ years managing teams of Customer Success Managers, or similar functions.
- You have 3-5+ years of experience as an individual contributor Customer Success Manager, or similar customer-facing role within a high-growth B2B software business.
- You have experience building and/or executing digital Customer Success programs through scalable processes and technologies, with a focus on customer onboarding, early adoption, maturing adoption, impact/optimization, and renewal/expansion.
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly and generate enthusiasm for driving action.
- You’re an active learner and enjoy both teaching and learning. You want to build your own skills over time and want to build up the skills of those around you.
- You are capable of creating buy-in among team members, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and strategies.
- You have strong problem-solving skills, capable of addressing challenges and making informed decisions to drive performance improvements.
- You have the ability to learn from past experiences, both successes, and failures, and apply those learnings to enhance the team’s performance.
- You have proven ability to measure and continually improve segment-specific metrics and KPIs.
- You are skilled in motivating and developing a team who is early in their career journey.
- You are a natural “people person” who establishes rapport and builds relationships with ease either in-person or online.
- You are proficient in using CRM software (preferably Gainsight), analytics tools, and other technologies to streamline processes and enhance team productivity.
- You love technology and are passionate about teaching people how they can make their lives easier by using technology to solve everyday problems.
- You want to be a part of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive team environment where you regularly express concern for team members’ success and well-being.
- You are excited by the opportunity to have a positive impact on politics and may have worked on political campaigns or followed news for major issue areas (e.g., immigration, education, etc.).
- Experience using and building campaigns via a customer relationship management (CRM) software (i.e. Gainsight).
About the Customer Success Team
- We’re responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum.
- We provide team and individual product demonstrations and trainings that promote best practices in the government affairs space.
- We are dedicated to every user’s success and address challenges quickly and creatively.
- We act as staunch advocates for our clients, including identifying and responding to diverse client use cases.
- .We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team.
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients.
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input.
Our Work Environment
- We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
- Base Salary: $100,000.00–$115,000.00 (commensurate with experience)
- Variable Compensation: Up to $17,650.00 in team retention and expansion bonuses
- On Target Earnings: $117,650.00 – $132,650.00 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
For any questions regarding any open roles on our team, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Manager, Customer Success role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
We comply with all requirements for US government federal contractors issued by the OFCCP, IFR, and the terms of our government contracts.
$60K - $110K USD/Year *$60000 — $110000/Year