About the job:
The HR Business Partner is a critical role as Percona’s strength is our people and having a true partner who can understand staff motivators and drivers as well as team dynamics is vitally important for organizational and team success. Amongst many other elements (hence being a true HR generalist), the HR Business Partner will help with program development and deployment while monitoring outcomes. One of the most important aspects of the role is the ability to effectively manage staff relations and field a variety of inquiries. This person will demonstrate an unwavering commitment to providing exceptional customer service, apply an authentic curiosity, be comfortable stretching themselves and others and extract vulnerability, and ultimately be a trusted resource to many.
What You Will Do
- Act as a point of contact for staff relations matters, working to resolve conflicts and promote a positive workplace culture
- Partner with individual contributors and leaders at various levels
- Effectively navigate between the tactical and strategic priorities and feel comfortable with variety
- Build and foster relationships with leaders, offering insights on organizational design and people-related strategy
- Own the staff experience from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between
- Develop a deep understanding of the business to guide and influence leaders on talent-related matters
- Bring back business intelligence to People & Culture leadership as a proactive behavior for program development to make Percona a more effective and enlightened place to work
- Apply knowledge in areas such as performance management, succession planning, coaching, people data analysis, staff relations, and recognition programs
- Work alongside other teams in the People & Culture department to implement solutions that support business growth
- Lead various people-centric initiatives, including performance evaluations, engagement surveys, talent reviews, and promotion considerations
- Anticipate team and organizational needs, make recommendations, and implement solutions proactively
- Create and implement effective programs with a focus on high adoption, contributing innovative ideas to improve HR processes
- Proficiently navigate the HRIS (BambooHR) and facilitate the adoption of the people engagement platform (Lattice)
- Be the HR point of contact within your assigned groups and show a high level of technical aptitude within HR systems and flex between administrative asks and more complex nuanced staffing matters
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Have Done
- 4+ years experience in an HR role partnering with people managers to build high-performing teams and lead change
- At least 2+ years of progressive HR experience within the tech industry or a start-up environment, with some experience working with globally distributed teams
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit - we have a lot to build, so adaptability and flexibility will serve you well.
- Experience diagnosing and building leadership team capabilities, with transparency and candor
- Highly comfortable working within US employment regulations with some exposure to non-US locations and HR requirements
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly organized with a project management mindset
- Adaptable, resourceful, able to work within and navigate ambiguity
- Prioritization shifting and ability to multitask
- Creative and curious - find a better way
- Strong interpersonal skills - diplomatic, tactful, excitable but balanced
- Friendly and overall helpful demeanor
- Passion for problem-solving
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and implementing effective solutions with an action-oriented point of view (‘I intend to”)
- Self-motivated and assertive with the ability to hunt down answers and drive solutions autonomously
At Percona, we believe an open world is a better world. Our mission is to enable everyone to innovate freely, by providing the best open source database software, support, and services. We make databases and applications run better through a unique combination of expertise and open-source software built with the community for you. Our technical teams are experts in MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and MariaDB.
Percona is proud to be a remote-only and globally dispersed workforce – we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and various paid time off programs, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences), ongoing connectivity allowances, and the opportunity to participate in our equity incentive plan. We also have benefits that support a healthy work/life balance such as The Percona Adventure Team, Work-from-Anywhere, FlowDays, FryDays, and overall flexibility. We also support being socially responsible through our PAVE volunteering program and Women Transforming Technology.
If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a leader in the open-source database space, let’s talk!
$90K - $150K USD/Year *$90000 — $150000/Year
Management and Business