About the job:
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
Working in a team of backend engineers to deliver, deploy and help integrate backend services as part of industry leading game projects. Collaborate to define solutions and implement features on time and at high quality.
Please note this position is fully remote in Argentina 🇦🇷
Due to the festive period, it may take us a little longer than normal to process your application. We close the studio from the 23rd December to the 2nd of January so everyone at MPG can enjoy the end of the year. Please bear with us, and we will get back to you as soon as we can once we are back online. Thank you for your interest & we hope that you enjoy the festive holidays.
What you'll be doing:
- Individual contribution: construct systems, write code, deployments, etc.
- Work with the team lead and stakeholders to estimate and prioritise work
- Work alongside peers to iterate on solutions that fit requirements
- Keep lead and production appraised about revised estimates and delivery times
- Champion and maintain high standards and process: tests, CI/CD, documentation
- Help and support team members in day-to-day work
What we'll need from you:
- Solid engineering and code design skills
- Solid problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Previous experience in ONE or more of the following languages: Golang, Java, C#, Node.js, C++
- Ability to create supporting documentation, designs, comments, etc
- Ability to discuss technical and production matters
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience building distributed applications
- Knowledge of Microservices and service oriented architectures (SOA), especially Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience developing server backends for AAA games, free-to-play (mobile) games, casino apps or similar
- Previous experience in game development and shipping a game title
What would help:
- Golang experience is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, e.g. Terraform
- Strong Database experience with both SQL and No SQL highly desirable
$90K - $140K USD/Year *$90000 — $140000/Year