About the job:
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
About the role:
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to help build our Strategic Finance function. You will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across the whole organization. Strategic Finance is responsible for partnering effectively with business line owners to invest the company's capital effectively, maximizing the impact of spend in our largest cost centers and investing strategically to accelerate the top line of our business, performing financial analyses across the company and owning the company’s budget and financial planning processes.
You will work on a wide variety of critically important projects, from evaluation of new investment opportunities, to M&A to annual planning. The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong managerial skills to build and manage a team, and exceptional interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
This role will have high visibility across the executive team and will require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, analytically rigorous, mission-driven and impact-oriented, read on and get in touch!
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for Quince (e.g., Monthly Reviews, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan), and evaluate organizational tradeoffs in planning to influence decision making
- Build and manage lean, high-performance Finance team that works cross-functionally throughout company
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, product, customer success, engineering & data science to develop key metrics & tracking across every part of the organization to support investment, hiring, scale and profitability goals
- Manage company’s financial model & forecasts and re-forecast the business on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate and execute on strategic projects, M&A and new investment opportunities
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 6+ years of experience in investing and finance roles
- Mastery of all aspects of financial statements
- Deep understanding of project unit economics and key levers / drivers of financial returns
- Skilled manger who enjoys mentoring and growing team
- Ability to think creatively and critically in dynamic and often ambiguous environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with senior leadership
- Prior experience at late stage private or public company
Working at Quince:
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
$60K - $110K USD/Year *$60000 — $110000/Year
Accounting and Finance