About the job:
Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learns to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We've recently raised our Series C, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?
Our Forward Deployed Team works directly with customers to quickly understand their greatest problems and design and implement solutions using Large Language Models.
In this role, you’ll apply your problem-solving ability, creativity, and technical skills to close the last-mile gap in Enterprise AI adoption. You’ll be able to deliver products like early startup CTOs/CEOs do and disrupt some of the most important industries and institutions globally!
As a Leader for the Forward Deployed team, you will:
- Own and build large new areas within our product and scale to millions of dollars of revenue impact.
- Lead a cross-functional team of Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and AI Data Trainers.
- Work across backend, frontend, and customize Large Language Models.
- Experiment at a high velocity and level of quality to engage our customers and eventually deliver solutions that exceed their expectations.
- Work across the entire product lifecycle from conceptualization through production.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of experience building AI-backed products with millions of dollars of revenue impact.
- Experience with B2B Enterprise SaaS applications.
- Experience scaling products and teams at hyper-growth startups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and interest to travel up to 25%, as needed to client sites, but flexible based on personal preferences.
Nice to haves:
- Experience building LLM applications using tools such as Langchain.
- Experience with Information Retrieval Systems for document question answering.
- Experience in day-to-day NLP for the industry using Python and related toolchains (SpaCy, HuggingFace, NLTK, etc.).
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.
$90K - $140K USD/Year *$90000 — $140000/Year
Management and Business