About the job:
What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows homeowners to share their passion spaces with their local communities. We started with swimming pools which took us to $20M+ in 2 years, but pools are just the beginning. We’re creating a new category within local experiences. Think AirBnB for swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, basketball courts, music studios, art studios, kitchens and more.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family. We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community. We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button. From their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredibly rapid growth, largely driven by word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months over 4,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 250,000 hours have been booked, and almost a million Swimply guests have enjoyed a neighbor’s pool.
The Business Operations Associate will champion high priority projects for the finance/admin arm of Swimply's Strategy team. In this role, you will amplify the profitable growth of our business through tackling key business priorities, scaling best practices, and implementing operational improvements. We need a strategic critical thinker who can draw upon strong operational and analytical experience to start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results. Additionally, this role will involve supporting other business units (e.g., FP&A, Support Operations, Local Operations, Government Partnerships, Sales, etc.) with key strategic initiatives as we prepare for our next phase of growth.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- Work closely with other members of the Swimply team, measure the impact and efficiency of processes while identifying news ways to create value for the business
- Conduct fundamental data analysis and presents on findings to identify root cause issues and areas of improvement
- Take ownership of key business metrics with expectation to manage metric to forecasted target through continuous monitoring, process innovation, SOP development, standardization and adoption
- Collaborate in cross-functional "sprints" and special projects to accelerate the success of the business including product testing, product requirements drafting, KPI triage, etc.
- Scale best practices that are incubated from test to global implementation
- Be a hard-working multitasker, supporting teams in multiple locations
- Bachelors degree from a competitive university
- 2+ years of experience in consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or fast-paced startup experience
- A go-getter and a self-starter attitude
- Strong Excel/Sheets and data analytics capabilities, including comfort with building financial models to drive decision making on strategic initiatives
- Experience packaging insights from data analysis into slide output (Google Sheets, Slides) to facilitate executive engagement and decision making
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, R is a plus
$75K - $105K USD/Year$75000 — $105000/Year
Management and Business