About the job:
Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
At Mitek, we believe that teams are stronger and more innovative when they have the range of opinions and perspectives that come from diversity. Very simply, we know that diversity is a foundational strength for our organization. A diverse workforce makes for stronger teams as a wider breadth of thinking and experience broadens the power of our collective mind. Building stronger teams is foundational to serving our customers comprehensively, innovating our products and solutions, and enabling more impactful decision-making across our business.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
Responsible for items such as daily, weekly and month end duties, as well as business related activities, such as vendor payment application, cash and other balance sheet accounts analysis. Involved in developing and improving business processes. The individual must understand accounting principles and procedures and apply generally accepted accounting principles to various categories of assets and liabilities. May handle special assignments and projects assisting other accountants and supervisors.
What You'll Do (Essential Responsibilities):
- Conduct month-end close activities including, journal entries, balance sheets, and reconciliations.
- Responsible for bank reconciliations on various bank accounts, journal entries, and account analysis.
- Reconcile fixed assets and other key accounts to the general assets including roll forwards.
- Analyze financial and statistical data.
- Prepare financial statements and reviews them for accuracy, including reviewing monthly P&L reports to provide answers to management questions.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external departments.
- Handle preparation of the annual budget and forecast needs.
- Provide taxes to relevant government agencies.
- Ensure that accounting needs are completed within the required timelines.
- Coordinate various annual accounting filings.
- Analyze actuals against standard/budget; research and explain any variance in coordination with FP&A group.
Who You Are (Soft Skills and Attributes):
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethic.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player capable of working independently and efficiently managing time and priorities.
What You'll Need (Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Dutch Language Skills (Written and Verbal)
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- 5+ years of professional experience in General Accounting
- Experience of working with Dutch entities
- Demonstrated knowledge in performing financial functions, including preparation and posting of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement analysis, financial report preparation, variance analysis and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (Dutch GAAP / IFRS).
- Experience with audit processes, preferably in a public company.
- Experience with various payment provider offerings, capabilities, tools and bank or payment reconciliations.
- Proficiency with the various payment solutions and the ability to reconcile them including understanding fraud solutions.
- Experience with major ERP systems (e.g. NetSuite).
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
What Would Be Nice (Preferred Skills):
- Qualified or Part Qualified CPA (or equivalent)
We take pride in enabling career growth in an environment of innovation and teamwork. Our commitment to all Mitekians is to do meaningful work that matters. Our culture is defined by delivering our best to our customers by providing high value solutions and impactful outcomes, by continuously challenging convention, and by caring for each other through collaboration and celebrating our successes. We are committed to creating competitive, equitable compensation & benefits programs and career development opportunities.
Benefit offerings – may vary based on geographic location
Wellness: Universal, supplemental, and private healthcare plan choices based on country specifics
Financial future: retirement/pension plan contributions, MTK stock plan participation
Income protection: life event & disability coverage
Paid time off: generous annual leave, company holidays, volunteer time off
Learning: e-learning license, tuition reimbursement, hackathons
Home office setup allowance
Additional/optional benefits: pet insurance, identity theft protection, legal assistance
We sincerely appreciate your interest in Mitek. We know your time is valuable and look forward to the potential of speaking with you further!
$49K - $74K USD/Year$49000 — $74000/Year
Accounting and Finance