About the job:
This is a UK and EU - based remote position. No phone calls or emails from external recruitersor recruiting agencies.
Illumix is an AR technology and media company that empowers the creation of AR-first experiences. We’ve done the heavy lifting to build the underlying capabilities and user interactions that make building any dynamic AR experience effortless.
We are looking for a Computer Vision Engineer to design and build machine learning and computer vision solutions for a new mixed reality engine. You will be an important part of bringing our AR experiences to millions. Our CV team develops cutting-edge technologies in applied machine learning, computer vision, and deep learning for mobileAR.
- Design and implement machine learning and computer vision architectures and algorithms to create new product and business innovations
- Build high quality machine learning training and validation datasets that optimize model performance for our specific business use cases
- Apply optimization techniques for cutting-edge solutions across industries and use cases for mobile AR
- Peer review machine learning and computer vision solutions to ensure high quality
- Design and apply robust functional and integration testing to computer vision solutions to ensure a high quality, error free end user experience
- Create clear, understandable documentation for computer vision research, design, implementation and testing stages to ensure solutions are supported by high quality reference material and to facilitate information sharing across the team and the organization
- 3+ years of experience in computer vision or applied machine learning (eg. object detection, semantic segmentation, pose estimation, map-based localization, SLAM, etc)
- Strong computer science fundamentals with proficiency programming in Python and/or C++
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch or related deep learning framework
- Ability to read and implement related academic literature in deep learning and computer vision
- Solid understanding of a production machine learning workflow and deep learning model optimization
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with both other engineers and other disciplines
- Master’s or PhD in computer science or related technical field
- Experience working with game engines, such as Unity or Unreal Engine
- Experience with AR technologies, such as ARKit, ARCore, or Vuforia
- Motivated by tough technical challenges in an emerging technical field
At Illumix, we are committed to building a team that reflects the diverse world in which we live. Our goal is to create a culture of empowerment and passion that sets a new standard for mixed reality today.
We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to achieving this goal, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants of all backgrounds, without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We are dedicated to creating a workplace where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. If you share our commitment to diversity and innovation, we encourage you to apply to join our team at Illumix.
$90K - $140K USD/Year *$90000 — $140000/Year