About the job:
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
As a Accounting Policy, Processes & Controls Team Lead will help to enhance and streamline financial reporting, technical accounting, processes and controls across the company. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate accounting implications of new and existing product offerings, ensure accurate financial reporting, and provide best-in class execution to enhance the accounting organization’s control environment, support the company’s growth and prepare the company for an eventual successful IPO.
You will perform technical research and prepare technical accounting memos for topics including but not limited to revenue recognition, stock based compensation, lease accounting and internal use software, and will step in when needed to assist on special projects, including reviewing complex transactions and other accounting matters related to the completion of the annual financial audit.
These responsibilities will include month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting, including financial statement disclosures and footnotes. This opportunity will give you exposure to working in a fast-paced start-up environment in a growing and ever-changing industry.
- Manage timely and accurate financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS (i.e. footnote support schedules, tie-outs and disclosure checklists)
- Responsible for the review of the consolidation of financial statements from multiple - legal entities
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure accurate financial information and disclosures
- Significant experience in equity accounting and reporting (SBC, financial statement disclosures, etc.)
- Coordinate with the general ledger team to prepare the audited financial statements
- Develop and maintain internal controls over financial reporting including drafting process memos
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close activities for multiple legal entities and all digital asset accounts, including processes related to internal crypto reconciliation/ assessment of impairment
- Perform equity reconciliations, and prepare monthly and quarterly equity workpapers for the Company’s equity-related accounts
- Familiarity with NetSuite and Carta
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting standards such as: ASC 606, ASC 326, ASC 718, ASC 842, ASC 740 as well as different types of equity awards and equity programs
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Collaborate with process owners to understand the Company’s risks and controls and establish a solid control environment to support our high growth business
- Work on complex accounting issues where problems are not clearly defined and where fundamental principles or historical precedent may not fully apply
- Ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures including GAAP and IFRS for non-US subsidiaries
- Assist in external audit processes to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data.Support implementation and design of new financial and accounting software and integration tools
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance, as requested
- Constantly aware of the strategy and new products/initiatives at the company
- Understands how the company’s priorities relate to your own area of work, and clearly communicates the ‘why’ behind the work
Communication and Influence:
- Experience in a combination of audit/financial accounting/technical accounting (at a high-growth, pre-IPO startup)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to drive cross functional projects
- A combination of the following: creative, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, action-oriented, and tenacious.Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high volume workloads in a fast-paced environment
- A track record of driving strong performance and accountability
Although not a requirement, bonus points if you have:
- CPA, strongly preferred
- Kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations
- Implementing an ERP system such as Netsuite, SAP, or Oracle
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system :)
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data informed and all full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $123,000 - $175,000 - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks. For sales and business development roles, the range provided is the On Target Earnings (“OTE”) which is inclusive of base salary + sales commissions/bonuses targets for the position.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market leading benefits to our employees. In fact, we are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees in the United States, Portugal, and Singapore. You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
$60K - $110K USD/Year *$60000 — $110000/Year
Accounting and Finance