About the job:
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
- Lead financial planning processes for Quince (e.g., monthly reviews, annual budget, monthly forecasting, long range planning), and evaluate organizational tradeoffs in planning to influence decision making
- Work closely with the executive team, business unit leaders and various department-level budget owners in establishing and monitoring various budget and forecast decisions that align with company goals and objectives
- Drive accountability through the annual budgeting and forecast process by coordinating with budget owners to set financial targets, measuring progress, and proposing alternative solutions when necessary
- Implement scenario planning practices into overall planning processes, surfacing risks and opportunities to business and financial objectives
- Prepare accurate weekly and monthly KPI and financial reports along with variance analyses
- Improve upon various FP&A processes by streamlining existing processes and leveraging automation where possible with existing financial planning tools, including Adaptive Planning, Pigment, Looker, and others
- Integrate various upstream systems into existing FP&A systems as a means to drive leverage, timeliness, and accuracy within the organization’s financial planning processes
- Manage company’s financial model & forecasts and re-forecast the business on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Develop a team of FP&A professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to foster a high-performing and motivated team
We're looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in investing and / or corporate finance roles
- Experience with retail and / or marketplace business models
- Demonstrated success in consistently producing timely and highly predictable financial models
- Strategic mindset with a track record of providing valuable insights and driving financial improvements across a business
- Skilled manger who enjoys mentoring and growing team
- Ability to think creatively and critically in dynamic and often ambiguous environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with senior leadership
- Prior FP&A experience at late stage private or public company
Working at Quince:
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
$170K - $220K USD/Year$170000 — $220000/Year
Accounting and Finance