About the job:
We make Octopus Deploy.
We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.
🐙235,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.
🐙600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.
🐙300,000,000+ deployments to date.
🐙90% of support emails answered in 2 hours or less.
🐙Over 3,500 organisations use Octopus Deploy (curious? check this out)
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia's second largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
You and your team will be on a mission to make our SaaS offering the first and best choice to experience what we have to offer.
This is a remote role based in Australia or New Zealand.
AUD $165-175,000 + stock options
NZD $175-190,000 + stock options
A typical day might include
- Build an understanding of our customers across a range of industries and technology stacks
- Manage the direction and plan for your product area: learning from a wide range of inputs, distilling where opportunities exist, then prioritizing work that delivers a positive impact
- Explore the next wave of opportunities with customers around the world - you will have flexibility and input into the timing of when those conversations happen
- Work in partnership with your UX and Engineering peers to make strategic decisions and drive execution
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, unifying the technical vision, customer needs, and business goals to find solutions to these problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Work in close collaboration with our Revenue and Marketing organizations to help accelerate Octopus Cloud adoption
- Evaluate the impact of solutions you shipped through quantitative and qualitative measures, and iterate on the learning with your team
- Inspire and excite the team to do the best work of their careers through stories of the purpose and impact of their work
We are looking for someone like you who
- Has multiple years of experience working on an Enterprise B2B SaaS product
- Focuses on outcomes first with examples of how you incorporate learning and feedback into strategies and experiences
- Can guide discussions with customers to uncover opportunities
- Is comfortable discussing architectural concepts with technical team members to balance feasibility, customer impact and business viability
- Is comfortable managing a technical product, including aspects such as security, scalability, availability, etc.
- Has a highly collaborative approach and creates alignment within the organization across executives, decision-makers, and influencers
- Represents your product, always looking for opportunities to improve engagement and support customer success
- Has worked closely with marketing, sales, or customer success teams to identify and prioritize changes that will unblock product adoption
Why Is This A Great Opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated like adults, and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand, without managers looking over their shoulder.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add, versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you'll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book in coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default) and everyone is welcome!
- Also when it comes to inclusivity, we mean it, check out our handbook!
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
[Note to Search Firms/Agencies]
Octopus Deploy does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Octopus Deploy and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Octopus Deploy will be deemed the sole property of Octopus Deploy and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Octopus Deploy.
$90K - $160K USD/Year *$90000 — $160000/Year
DevOps and Sysadmin