About the job:
Location: Remote – U.S. Aligned (Open to applicants located anywhere in U.S aligned time zones.)
As a 10upper, you are an integral part in crafting complex web applications utilized by millions of people daily. 10uppers have been pushing the boundaries of the web for over 12 years—become part of the team that innovates the internet by building state-of-the-art web experiences alongside a top-in-the-field team.
As a leading digital agency, 10up’s client roster spans from innovative startups and impactful non-profits to some of the biggest names in the industry, such as ESPN, Google, The New York Times Co., Microsoft, and The Nobel Prize Committee.
As a 10upper, you have options for flexible and alternative work schedules. Intentionally remote since day one, spanning six continents and 40 countries, 10up fully embraces the benefits of distributed work.
What you will do:
- Coach and mentor fellow engineers to boost the team's capabilities.
- Support sales and project team to estimate and scope work for large applications.
- Skillfully connect engineering deliverables to client business objectives.
- Ultimately you will make the web better by finely crafting apps, and tools that reach millions of online visitors every day.
- You have experience leading teams and coaching other engineers.
- You are knowledgeable of PHP in WordPress as a platform, including custom post types, taxonomies, and use of WordPress beyond typical “blog” use cases.
- You have a code portfolio of real-world samples. Link us to your best work on GitHub and you’ll never have to do any live coding or whiteboard testing!
- You prefer to work fully remote and are effectively engaging in a distributed team from the location of your choosing.
Benefits of interest:
- Multiple paid time off programs, including accrued PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave, and company holidays – including an all-company break from Christmas Eve to New Years Day.
- Health, dental, and life insurance programs (available for United States team members).
- Retirement contribution programs (currently available in the U.S. and U.K.).
- Flexible and alternate schedule programs - including options for 4-day work week (Monday-Thursday) configurations.
- $3,000 USD accrued annually in professional development budget for you to spend on conferences, training, or to buy back time for programs like independent study.
- Global Company summits – opportunities to meet, socialize and learn with fellow 10uppers in person at remarkable destinations.
- An end-of-year all-hands bonus program, along with smaller opportunities for recognition throughout the year.
- A Director of Engineering that supports your career growth and development.
The expected annual salary range for this position is between $100,000 and $150,000 USD. Compensation is determined based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, other job related qualifications/skills, geographic location, and business needs.
Join our team!
If you are passionate about 10up's mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don't check all the boxes, please apply. We'd appreciate the opportunity to personally review your application. Everyone gets a response.
Read more about What to Expect through our Recruiting process.
We don't want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add email@example.com to your contacts list! #LI-Remote
$100K - $150K USD/Year$100000 — $150000/Year
Management and Business