About the job:
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely on outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company's global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We're also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including "Inc. 5000 America's Fastest Growing Private Company", "2022 Certified Great Place to Work" and Comparably's 2022 "Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation" award.
You will be joining engineering team of Teleport, unified access plane for SSH, Kubernetes and Database infrastructure.
Nasdaq, SumoLogic and Samsung Electronics trust Teleport to secure access to their infrastructure.
Here is why we love this job ourselves, and hope you will enjoy it too:
- The range of problem solving includes networking, performance, security and integrations with existing systems.
- Build and test cycles are measured in seconds, integration tests are running in minutes.
- Most of the code you will write will be open source.
- Our products are loved by their users, you’ll get to talk to some of them on Slack.
- We practice thorough code reviews and have an open design process.
Here are the projects you may be working on:
- Building backend integrations with cloud provider's managed databases.
- Working on scalability and resiliency of clusters with 10K+ nodes.
- Implementing advanced HTTPS proxy with identity aware access control.
- Building hardened security for Linux and Mac users.
What to expect once you apply:
- We will send you a 20-30 minute programming quiz
- You will join 30 minute intro call and we will walk you through the compensation, interview process and requirements
- You join a slack channel and submit a coding challenge in Golang or Rust using Github
- Golang or Rust experience
- Linux systems engineering
- Cryptography engineering experience is a plus
The base salary range for new hires in this role is $235,000 for a level 4 and $270,000 for a level 5 . Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Joining a startup, you should be comfortable changing the area of focus and working directly with customers.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
$235K - $270K USD/Year$235000 — $270000/Year