About the job:
Are you passionate about solving interesting technical challenges by defining, designing, deploying, and troubleshooting Cloud services, platforms, and Infrastructure. Always thinking about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance?
Guidewire Data Platform SRE team is responsible for maximizing service reliability, performance, and scalability of Data Platform services. The mission is shared end to end ownership of the services with Development team. We are seeking junior to mid-level SRE engineer who can join the team and continuously improving the reliability of Data Platform and SaaS applications. You will work in a highly collaborative environment operating next-generation platforms and services using the latest and greatest cutting-edge & bleeding-edge technologies. This is an opportunity to define, build, evangelize, and optimize our SRE practices!
- Extensive experience with continuous deployment of cloud services in AWS Cloud platform.
- Prior experience working in Linux Infra structure and Database access.
- Knowledge in python, Golang or any scripting language to build tooling for automation.
- Prior experience with CI/CD (Teamcity, Jenkins) for gate promotion.
- Prior experience with IaC tools like Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot issues in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of capacity and scalability of cloud resources.
- Knowledge on blue/green, canary deployment and chaos engineering.
- Comfortable working with Kubernetes (AWS EKS), Docker containers.
- Eager to learn new things and passionate about technology!
What you would do
- Maintain a 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability.
- Drive incidents to resolution by coordinating with multiple engineering teams.
- Partner with other development teams in defining and implementing/improvements in service.
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to automated services.
- Improve our incident management lifecycle to identify, mitigate, and learn from reliability risks.
- Form and maintain relationships with internal and external partners.
- Develop deeper insights and analysis into the quality of experience for our customers.
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and operations management teams across the Guidewire.
What you would need to succeed
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- You have experience solving infrastructure and application problems with software.
- You have a big-picture perspective on systems and tools.
- You can collaborate with other engineering teams to understand their systems.
- You have strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, networking, storage, operating systems.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1600+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of applications that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
$90K - $170K USD/Year *$90000 — $170000/Year
Data & AI