About the job:
Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action, empowering companies of any size to help rebalance the planet while advancing their business initiatives. We provide pathways to do so through the purchase of vetted carbon credits, via one-time direct purchases, recurring multi-year offtake agreements, or an API that can connect any product experience to climate action.
Only Patch democratizes access to the broadest selection of carbon credits across a wide range of technology types, methodologies, and price points. By combining enterprise-grade technology with impartial project scrutiny and transparency across each stage of the credit purchase, brands as wide-ranging as Bain & Company, Route, and Afterpay trust Patch to help them take meaningful climate action while engaging their customers. In turn, project developers driving positive climate action are able to rapidly scale their solutions at the critical pace the planet requires.
We're an experienced team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Energize, and more. We are founded by the same team who helped take hospitality tech company, Sonder, from 0 to $2 billion.
We're looking for exceptional engineers to design, build, launch, and manage Patch’s novel platform primitives and API products. Nothing like Patch has ever been built before. There is no playbook detailing how features or products should be built. This role offers product-minded engineers the ability to take control of the roadmap and chart a course toward making the greatest impact. We currently use Ruby on Rails, Postgres, and Typescript on AWS.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and deploy highly available and resilient platform primitives, APIs, and features.
- Architect scalable, product-oriented systems able to handle billions of API requests annually.
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion, and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- Strategize and collaborate with other Patch teammates to provide the best product possible to our users.
Who You Are:
- You have significant years of software engineering experience
- You have experience in or are willing and able to learn Ruby on Rails
- You are eager to contribute to Patch’s carbon removal mission
- You have a passion for collaboration and a history of establishing great relationships with design and product management teams across time zones.
- You are curious about constantly learning new things in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have a commitment to technical excellence, raising the bar, and delivering results.
- You are an excellent oral and written communicator.
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The base salary for this role if filled within the United States is $150,000-$200,000. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual specific compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location, and some role-dependent factors.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
$150K - $200K USD/Year$150000 — $200000/Year