About the job:
Filevine is changing the way legal work gets done for law practitioners and their clients. As the leading legal operating system, Filevine is dedicated to empowering organizations with tools to simplify and elevate complex, high-stakes legal work. Powering everything from document and case management to timekeeping, billing and business analytics, over 3,400 law firms and legal teams use Filevine daily to deliver excellence.
2023 was a groundbreaking year for Filevine, as we launched a suite of AI-powered features that are transforming the legal industry.
- LeadsAI helps law firms evaluate cases faster, analyze client sentiment, identify potential problems, and predict case success.
- DemandsAI is an AI-driven demand letter generation solution that helps law firms prepare demand letters more quickly and accurately.
- ImmigrationAI streamlines the immigration process by automating tasks, reducing errors, and ensuring accuracy.
- AI Fields is a powerful tool that can enhance legal work by minimizing manual tasks, facilitating fact-checking, and quickly answering complex queries.
With these groundbreaking AI features, Filevine is empowering law firms and legal teams to deliver excellence to their clients with unprecedented speed and efficiency.
Reports to the Director of Database Reliability
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and excellent judgment by being responsible for:
- Performance tuning of Microsoft SQL Server database, optimizing at the server, database, and query levels
- Scaling and monitoring of Databases
- Scaling and monitoring of Redis clusters
- Scaling and monitoring of ElasticSearch/OpenSearch clusters
- Assist teams in designing and building databases and schemas
- Use, develop, and build tools and alerts for monitoring database performance, reliability, and maintenance plans
- Provide documentation for developers and internal staff on database-related topics
- Triage escalated production issues with cross-functional teams
- Work within an assigned team to complete duties as assigned, while mentoring, training, and reviewing more junior engineers, helping to define team development, helping define engineering best practices and leading the teams in the implementation of these best practices
- Be part of an on-call rotation with other team members to provide 24/7/365 database reliability support
- Communicate frequently, clearly and effectively with various technical and management audiences
- Analyze and improve the scalability and performance of high-volume, information-rich web applications
- Participate in lively engineering debate, making a strong and logical case for well-considered opinions, while appreciating the opinions of peers
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting strategies for database infrastructure reliability
- Willingness to get security clearance as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- 8+ years of experience maintaining and optimizing large production databases
- Expert Microsoft SQL Service troubleshooting skills
- Expert in tuning queries generated from ORM’s
- Experience in writing and tuning complicated back-end processes
- Experience in tuning SQL server configurations
- Expert T-SQL skills and any common scripting language, Powershell preferred
- Strength in database server administration of greater than 1TB sized systems
- Familiarity with C# and .NET programming
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Shows mastery in working independently on assigned projects as well as mentoring and training others
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, MS SQL, Docker, AWS, Git, CI/CD Tools, .NET
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects or with other team members as requested
- Ability to complete work assignments efficiently and productively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft MVP or other Microsoft SQL Server Database Certification preferred
- B.S., M.S. in computer science, information systems, a related field; comparable certifications; or equivalent direct work experience
Cool Company Benefits:
- A dynamic, rapidly growing company, focused on helping organizations thrive
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (for full-time employees)
- Competitive & Fair Pay
- Maternity & paternity leave (for full-time employees)
- Short & long-term disability
- Ergonomic and height-adjustable workstations for onsite employees
- Opportunity to learn from a dedicated leadership team
- Weekly Taco Lunches in the summer/fall/spring for onsite employees
- Centrally located open office building in Sugar House
- Flexible hybrid work schedules depending on the department with some departments offering fully remote positions in the United States (R&D)
- Top-of-the-line company swag
$90K - $170K USD/Year *$90000 — $170000/Year
Data & AI